Chapter 9

The worst fight is between what you know and what you feel. You knew it would be hard, that you would not succeed, but still, you didn't want to give up. And especially when your feelings have grown stronger. And with every second of staring at him, you felt like your "liking" was turning into something more. You were not sure what you really felt about him anymore. Earlier, you simply just had a crush on him, but now...

What to do? How to react? How to answer?

These questions echoed in your mind, causing you to hesitate. Or maybe you should wait until he'll do something? What if he will scold you? But what was worse... a reprimand... or total silence? Every part of your body knew that is was silence because you didn't know what to expect. And this was frustrating you.

"This was... unexpected." Said All Might finally, breaking eye contact. He blinked several times, took a deeper breath and asked "Oh my, you scared me. What happened? And, of course, are you okay, (L/N)-san? Your arm..."

You moved slowly, glancing at your left shoulder and feeling slight pain. It was a cut, you probably hurt yourself with a branch when you fell. You instinctively covered your wound with your healthy hand, sending All Might apologetic smile. Your thoughts partially were somewhere else. You didn't expect such reaction and such answer. You were convinced that his words would be completely different. Why did he ignore the situation you two were in? You wished you could read his mind, you wanted so much to know what was going on in his head right now.

"I-I'm f-fine... it's n-nothing..." You mumbled, looking away with embarrassment and trying to stop thinking about his thoughts. Suddenly, you felt him grabbing you by your waist and lifting you up like you were just a little animal; small and not heavy. When you were standing on your feet, you wanted to say something, but All Might was first.

"Someone should cover your wound. End of training for today, Recovery Girl should already be at school. Come on, we don't have time to..." He started but you almost screamed, interrupting him.

"NO! I-I... I mean... no. Please, it's nothing." You said, trying to distract him. Literally a moment ago you managed to resume the time again this day, you wanted him to wait until Midoriya will run away, disappear around the corner and would never notice you two. You heard his steps slowly going away, but still too close to you. Just a little bit, hold him a little longer, you thought, feeling so nervous. But suddenly the world swirled in front of your eyes and after a while, you felt wind hitting your body.

You were flying.

All of a sudden All Might took you in his arms and flew up in the air, completely ignoring your previous words. You wanted to say something, but your attention was drawn to the view beneath you. You have never traveled by plane and your gift didn't allow you to fly, so seeing the city from the bird's eye for the first time made you ran out of words.

It was so... beautiful. People, buildings, everything was so tiny. You glanced up, realizing how close to you were the clouds now. If only you just raised your hand and tried to touch them ... what would they be? Delicate as wool or maybe just cold as ice? When you looked at them from the ground they were gray and sad, but on the horizon, they seemed bright as the sun. Didn't expect that gliding in the air can be such a great experience, you glanced at All Might, who started giggling under his breath.

"I also had that look, seeing this for the first time. Cannot take your eyes off, right?" He said, sending you a smile. You nodded, again looking at the world beneath you. You felt that you would miss this view.

Leaping from the building to the building, you finally came to the school and landed with a loud thud on the grass. All Might headed toward the nurse's office still carrying you in his arms. Instinctively you glanced at your watch, being glad that it was only 7 am.

"U-um... All Might-sensei? C-can you put me down? I-I have a wounded arm, n-not leg." You stuttered, feeling the heat on your cheeks.

"Please forgive me, I... I... forgot..." He answered clearly confused, putting you down. It was as if he didn't realize that he was carrying you all the way.

Standing in the nurse's office, you stopped by the door with your raised hand. For a moment you couldn't decide which words to use, what to tell him exactly and how to explain this incident in the park so that there won't be any misunderstanding. So you took a deep breath, turned back quickly and while looking straight into his surprised eyes, you said the first thing that came to your mind.

"You do not even know how sorry I am for what happened in the park. I didn't do this on purpose, I noticed Midoriya-san running in our direction and I was scared that he would saw us and told everyone that you are training me. Then everyone would have started to gossip, they would start asking questions and everything would come out, that I was hiding the true strength of my Quirk. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. "You spoke so fast, almost in the same breath, that All Might wasn't able to interrupt you. You saw that he was trying to say something, but once you started your explanation, you couldn't stop that flood of words.

"It's all right, (L/N)-san. You don't have to apologize me. I understand that Midoriya-shounen's view frightened you, if I were you, I would have done the same, but... you don't have to worry about him, really. I can assure you that he won't say anything. I... um... I will tell you something but promise me, you will keep it as a secret, okay?"

You nodded, never being so curious.

"The truth is that Midoriya-shounen... was the person I trained. His Quirk is... similar to mine, so I helped him master it. At least to the level which he won't kill himself with it. And no one knows about it at school, just like about you. Do you understand now? You don't have to worry that Midoriya-shounen will say something about you, he himself has a secret that has to be..." Suddenly he interrupted in mid-sentence, coughing loudly. He covered his mouth with his hand, quickly turning back, so you couldn't look at his face. He coughed a few more times and then whispered "Ah... I reached my limit, eh...?"

"All Might-sensei. Are you...?" You started, but never finished because All Might said all of a sudden:

"Ahaha, yeah, I'm totally fine! Go ahead, Recovery Girl should be inside, don't wait for me. I remembered that I have to do something before classes. Sorry but I have to leave you here." He said and without any warning, he quickly ran in the opposite direction without looking back.

You stood there for a moment, looking at the place where he just disappeared. You had a hunch that you just witnessed something... very important.