Chapter 45

''And you really think I'm going to believe you? You think I'm an idiot?'' Bakugou said, raising his hand and clenching his fist in a threatening gesture. You sighed quietly, knowing that his reaction would look like this. After all, it's Bakugou...

"I have no idea what you would like to hear, but that's the truth. It's your business whether you believe it or not. Besides, you were the one who wanted to know" You said, shrugging, pretending that you don't care if he believes you. But inside your head, you couldn't stop the anxiety starting to overwhelm you. Next sentence escaped your lips before you could bite your tongue. ''And it's a scientific fact that you are an idiot.''

"...(Y/N)..." All Might whispered, covering his eyes with his hand and slowly shaking his head.

"HUH?! WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" Bakugou shouted quickly, moving closer to you and clenching his fist even harder. Even if was dark, you could see how his knuckles whitened.

You sighed again.

''AH! Just why... why can't you just believe me? It's-! "You started, also taking a step forward, but suddenly All Might interrupted you.

''Now, now, calm down. Both of you." He said, almost standing between you two as if you were about to punch Bakugou in his face. ''Bakugou-shounen, (Y/N) has no reason to lie to you."

Bakugou's eyes immediately landed on All Might.

"Who the hell are you? Do I know you?" He growled. "Mind your fucking business!"

''Bakugou, language!" You hissed, scowling at him. If he only knew he's talking to All Might, you thought. You added after a second. "This person is... A-All Might's friend... and he's trying to help me! B-besides... it's not your business who he is!"

"Who knows! Maybe it is!" He shouted and, after these words, his expression has clearly shown you that he had said something he didn't want to. He cleared his throat and continued. "Y-you're... sneaking around at night with this suspicious-looking dude, telling me this bullshit and you think I'm going to just let it go?!"

''Suspicious-looking..." All Might whispered, his voice full of sadness.

"What? And this is the reason?" You asked, completely ignoring All Might, who stepped back and began to sniffle as if he was about to cry.

''You have a problem with it?!"

"Yes, I have! I still can't understand! You hate me! You told me a million times that I should go and die. Why do you care so much? No. Why did you suddenly start to care?" You shouted.

Suddenly he fell silent, his eyes fixed on the ground, and you noticed that he put his hands into his pockets a little bit nervously.

''...you cried...'' He mumbled after a few seconds as if he was hesitating. 

For a moment his words made you speechless. What the hell was he talking about? You gazed up at him and as soon as you regained your voice, you uttered only one and silent:

''What?"

"I saw you... you were... aah! Screw this! Forget it!" He yelled and turned his back on you, completely ignoring you.

You placed your hands on your hips and redirected your gaze to All Might who, as confused as you, was looking at Bakugou.

''You saw me... cry?" You asked and added after a short pause. "When?"

Suddenly you started to wonder. Where and when? And why... he even cared? He hated you - and to be honest, this feeling was mutual - you two were always fighting and he wished you death too many times.