Chapter 13

You stopped just in front of the door, feeling a strange tingling in your stomach. You took with you five books that got the information necessary for your essay, not knowing whether or not they'll be useful. Why he told me to come to his office?, you thought clenching your fingers tighter on the strap of your bag. Taking a deep breath, you knocked three times on the door and as soon as you walked in, you saw him sitting sideways and doing something with the papers at his desk. You loved All Might in his superhero costume, whenever you saw him in it, you felt excited and you were never able to take your eyes off him, but what caused the biggest emotions in you was not his costume, but... him in a suit. You didn't know why, but when he was wearing it, you couldn't hold back your heart and that funny feeling in your stomach. You could look at him forever. And especially when he was dressed in a dark blue with a white shirt and red tie. It didn't take long before you got noticed. The door creaked loudly and you almost bumped into the bench, not looking where you were going because you were focused on something, but actually on someone, else. His eyes quickly crossed with yours and when he gave you a big smile, you wanted the ground to open up. It has to end, my behavior. Act differently as usual, you thought straightening up and smiling back. It really cost you a lot. You've never been good at controlling your emotions.

You went to the first bench right in front of his desk and put on your books and bag.

"I'm sorry it took so much time, All Might-sensei. I couldn't decide which were the best." You said, sitting down like nothing had happened and looking straight into his eyes. You couldn't read his expression. On the one hand, it hasn't changed at all, but on the other, you felt that he was surprised. You never used such a confident tone of voice and you always tried to avoid eye contact. It must have made him wonder.

"It's fine. So what you brought there? A few completely boring books about a subject that is probably just as thrilling, huh?" He said taking one of them in his hand and watching it on each side. It was a thick and heavy book with the green cover about all the uprisings that took place during the Meiji era. Yes, he was right. You were not interested in this subject. You didn't like history, you were always bored. You preferred solving difficult math problems or analyzing poems. Old history always made you want to sleep. "So... I promised you that I would help you, so let's go to work. Although I shouldn't but... uhh ... do not mention that to Midnight, okay? She will kill me if she finds out."

"Um... no problem but... I don't remember anything about you, sensei, saying you would help me write this essay..." You said a little surprised. He just told me to come to the office I guess, I thought he was going to give me some quick training, you told this to yourself in your mind, unzipping your bag to take out your notebook.

"Really? Well, so now you know hahahaha." He laughed loudly, then opened the book in a random place and added a moment later "I changed the plan enough that we have an extra two hours, but you'll need to train a day longer. Do you agree?"

"Two hours? Is it enough to write a ten-page essay? It's ten pages!" You said looking at him in disbelief. How are we going to write it in two hours, you thought pulling out a pencil and putting it in a notebook.

"Of course. Now come on. We should start with..." He answered and began to dictate the first sentence. In a hurry, you picked up the pencil and started to note it. 

Having already written the second page, you wanted to die. Why can't it be more interesting? There was a guy who was unhappy with the current regime so he gathered some former samurai warriors and... and... 

"Can we take a five minutes break, All Might-sensei? I need to... rest a while." You said rubbing your eyes with your hands. When you heard him breathe loudly, you looked at him and almost laughed. You have never seen such relief in his eyes.

"I hoped you will say that." He replied hiding face in his hands. 

"You give a bad example, sensei. Learning should be fun." You laughed covering your mouth. He looked at you, grabbed a book and responded with a mean smile:

"Really? Since you are giving me no choice, there won't be a break." You thought that his teeth almost flashed with light when he smiled at you. Wait... is he... teasing me?, you said in your mind, Okay, let's find out.

"Noo, please, just five minutes. I won't tell anyone." 

"I don't know...  I have to give an example. A teacher shouldn't be bored learning his students." He answered looking through pages in the book. Now you were sure he was teasing you. But you still saw that expression on his face; he wanted to rest too. "Uhh, okay, but just five minutes. I will pretend I don't see anything." 

You moved your lips as you were saying short "Thank you" and you leaned back, closing your eyes. You almost fell asleep when suddenly...

You felt a strong hit in your stomach. You opened your eyes almost immediately and... then you froze. What you looked at was not what you saw before. All Might disappeared, you were no longer in the classroom. You were in a place you didn't recognize. Someone held your hands and the person standing in front of your was hitting you repeatedly with all his strength. 

You felt everything, the pain, the smell, the temperature, the wind blowing in your face. You have never experienced something so strange because ... you knew that you were just an observer. That this person was not you.

"Tell me where it is, Shimpei. Tell me or you're dead." The man who threatened you was wearing a dark blue samurai yukata and he had a katana at his waist. The way he spoke sounded to you... old fashioned.

The person, whose eyes you used to watch, freed from the grip and grabbed the man in front of you by his clothes and when he was about to push him... you were again in the class but... in a completely different position than you remembered.

Somehow you found yourself on the desk with one hand resting on it, the other clutching All Might's red tie and pulling him closer to you. Your faces were inches apart when suddenly the invisible force left your body and you jumped out as quickly as possible. You wanted to run away, but you felt All Might grabbing you by your hand. His face didn't bode well. And certainly not the words that he said after a while:

"Forgive me but I can't let you go."