Chapter 53

All of the noise disappeared in an instant. 

Dripping water, the soft sound of the wind. Even your own breath.

As soon as that door closed behind you, you couldn't stop the loud sigh that escaped your lips. Although the danger was still there, behind that door, you had the impression that this piece of metal was some kind of a barrier that somehow was supposed to protect you.

But that was a lie. 

You couldn't let your guard down for a moment. Despite your lack of power and with your sister weighing you on your shoulder like a stone statue, you had to go ahead and not look back. Right now, only her safety was important. After all you went through to save her, you couldn't afford a single mistake.

They were still there.

You didn't know how much time this woman could buy you. Five minutes? Five seconds? You were constantly turning around, afraid that this psycho would storm out of that room, through that door, and attack you, kill your sister again. And then all your efforts will be wasted.

The fear traveled in your veins but even though never made its way to your face. Your eyes were steady even if you couldn't resist looking back. And even if your sister was still unconscious, you felt that if you showed a little fear on your face, you would let it overwhelm you. You kept that stone face for yourself. That was the only thing that blocked your panic attack. You felt so weak, so helpless. You have never in your life wanted your power back.

The silence was terrifying. You were afraid that at any moment it would be broken by something other than your own steps and your heavy, loud and fast breathing. Every sound made your heart speed up.

But despite these dreadful thoughts, you took a deep breath. You realized that even if the worst was yet to come, you wouldn't hesitate for a moment. You would face what was waiting for you behind that door. 

You let out a quiet sigh. You had to somehow distract yourself, focus on something other than that damn door. 

Your sister was so heavy. Yes! Your sister. What will I tell her when she wakes up?, you thought. You realized that when she wakes up she will begin to ask a million questions. What happened? Where is she? You didn't know if you should tell her the truth, THE WHOLE truth, or just lie. 

You started imagining different scenarios. If you lie to her, after returning home, she may start asking the other you about everything. She'll be looking for answers, that's what you would do. But ... if you tell her the truth ... you didn't know how she would react. Another unknown. She may panic, she will want to help you. And you didn't want that.

''I never wanted to involve you in this, in any of it..." You whispered, smiling miserably. "Looks like I will have to lie to you as soon as you wake up. Knowing you, you'll tell everyone. And the other me certainly can't... find out..."

But would it really be that bad? Did it make any sense to hide all of this from yourself? After all, the world wasn't destroyed when you met yourself from the future. You just had to avoid physical contact... that's what she said. So basically nothing stood in the way for you to...

No, it's stupid, it doesn't make sense, I can't involve anyone else in it. I can handle it myself. I'll fix it. I know I can. As soon as I reset this timeline, everything will return to normal. I have no reason to talk to anyone about it. I don't even know if it was right for me to tell All Might...

All Might. Just mentioning him made your heart ache. Even in this situation, you couldn't resist thinking about him. You've told yourself this many times. Reset is reset. Everything you have achieved so far will disappear. The whole progression of your power, the way your relationship with All Might developed - that hurt you the most. And what if you also forget? What am I saying, of course I will forget. That would be too perfect... you thought. And if this scenario is the real one, you will forget all your training with All Might, forget about yourself from the future. This meeting was one of the most important things that happened in your life. Thanks to this meeting you've managed to determine what makes your power unstable. Without these memories, it will take you longer to figure it out, and it is possible that you may never find out.