Chapter 2

Lightning.

Electricity.

Storm.

One of the things that scared you.

Your body, in some way, was attracting it. Electric shock has never ended for you well. Even though it never left any physical marks on your body, it caused another unpleasant effect. You couldn't travel in time on demand, but being struck by lightning was one of two options that caused you to travel one day backward or forward. Whenever this was happening, there was nothing you could do. Like something else was taking over your power, your body moved independently, without your control. Once, your time jump varied between one hour and two, but something changed a year ago. Your powers have become more powerful, as if you got an upgrade. The worst part was that it didn't happened in stages, not gradually, but suddenly, without your knowledge. One day it was just an hour, and the next, almost a whole day. It terrified you; most of all, there was nothing you could do about it. You felt horrified when you thought that in a few years, you could be able to go back to prehistory or to a distant future. Even the mere mention of these thoughts gave you goosebumps.

Looking at the raindrops falling on the ground, you knew you won't be able to come back home by yourself. You even forgot your umbrella today, but this wasn't an option, even if you had one. Someone had to pick you up. And only one person could do that at that moment. You swallowed hard, knowing that another argument was waiting for you. And you weren't the one who would win it.

"Move. You're blocking the way." Said a voice from behind your back. When you turned around, you saw that mean, blond-haired guy you hated so much. The only boy in the whole school who made you think seriously about murder. Bakugou Katsuki. For a few moments, you were standing at the exit from school, clutching to one of the columns as soon as you heard the first thunder. Why do I have to be so pathetic?

"You can go around me. Do I have to completely get out of your way?"

"Yes, exactly. Get out."

You didn't know why, but from all the people in the whole class, Bakugou was the one who always had something mean to say to you. He constantly insulted you in front of the others, but to be honest, he insulted everyone. But in your case, it happened ... almost every day. And it wasn't because something was bothering him about you at that moment; he was doing it out of pure spite. You hated that guy so much that if you were only able, you would turn his time back for a few years and make him a child again.

"Wait... don't tell me... are you peeing in your pants because of the storm? Hahaha, pathetic."

"It's not your business, so shut up." You said, looking at Bakugou with anger in your eyes. You clenched your fists, hoping that would stop you from disfiguring his face and that rude smirk.

"What... did you say?" He said, a smile suddenly gone.

"You heard me, Bakugou. You know nothing, so leave me alone."

He was angry. Well, he always was mad, but it was something different this time. You saw him clenching his teeth as if he was about to hit you. It was even funny because you felt like doing so just a moment ago.

"You sure? To be honest, I know a few things you would prefer to keep a secret, (L/N). So... should I tell everyone? I'm sure some people would like to know that. You're a bit secretive, after all." Said Bakugo staring at you carefully and waiting for your reaction. Was he trying to... blackmail you? And because of what?! Because you blocked his way? This guy was insane. "You think I haven't noticed? I found out about it a few weeks ago."

"About what?" You asked, wanting to know this as soon as possible. Was it about your Quirk? Or maybe... the other thing you were trying so desperately to hide?

"Do you think I'm gonna tell you and lose my bargaining card so easily? Now, do as I say and move, or everyone will be talking about this tomorrow." He said, smiling sarcastically. Never in your entire life have you wanted to hit someone so badly, and you even made a step when suddenly...

"Is there a problem, (L/N)-san, Bakugou-shounen?" Asked All Might, coming out from the corner. How long was he standing there? And how much did he hear?

As soon as you saw him, your heart began to beat faster. No, no, just not him, you thought, trying to calm yourself. Why was it HIM who had to interrupt? There were so many teachers in the school! Why did he have to be the one to come across? He was standing behind you in his pinstriped suit with his jacket over his shoulder, looking at you with his never-vanishing smile. If you were alone with him, you'd probably be happy, but right now, in this situation... you wanted to disappear. You wanted to become some invisible ghost and hide in the walls. And didn't have to look him in those questioning eyes.

"A-All Might-sensei... I... " You said barely audibly, trying to avoid eye contact. You shoved your hands into your pockets, hoping he wouldn't notice how nervously you clenched your fingers.

"No, no problem, sensei. We will talk about this tomorrow, (L/N)." Bakugou interrupted you and before you could answer, headed for the exit. When he disappeared into the corner, you also wanted to escape as quickly as possible, but something reminded you that it won't be easy. As soon as you took a step forward, turning your back on the teacher, the sky was pierced by lightning a few meters from you. If only it didn't scare you, you'd even think it looked pretty beautiful.

You did not expect to scream like a baby and take a step back, your knees soft as cotton, bumping into something and almost tripping. Suddenly, you felt someone's hands on your shoulders, and when you turned around, you realized with regret that what you bumped into wasn't a wall. With embarrassment, you looked helplessly as All Might was leaning over you with concern in his eyes, his face dangerously close to yours when he said:

"So you are the clumsy one, eh? Are you okay, (L/N)-san?" He pulled you back, helping you to get on your feet. As his hands left your arms, you felt like the places he touched just a second ago were on fire.

You face-palmed yourself in your mind. What were you thinking? That he will... do what? Why would he...? Your brain was definitely working on a completely different level today. You took a deep breath, and as soon as you jumped away from him, you replied:

"N-no! No! I mean... yes, I am... the lightning... I... my Quirk... ugh..." You stuttered, feeling like a total weirdo. Why do I always have to act like an idiot, you thought, feeling so ashamed. Somehow you could never form a sentence correctly when talking to him like this without others around. It didn't happen very often, which is why you started to think that he must think something was wrong with you. Or worse, that you're some crazy fan of his who can't speak normally in front of him.

"Ah, yes, your Quirk. Are you aware of what has just happened?" He asked, looking at you closely. You froze.

"I... no."

You glanced at him quickly and suddenly saw that he just ... frowned.

"So, the Headmaster was right. Come with me, (L/N)-san. There is something we must discuss with you."