Chapter 25

You rubbed your eyes with your hands feeling that everything was slowly returning to normal. You were still standing in this room and still staring with surprise at the man right in front of you. He seemed to you... strangely familiar. His face, hair and eyes, it all made you feel like you knew this man. You blinked a few times, embraced yourself, looked straight into his eyes and before you could bite your tongue, you said without thinking:

''Have we... met before?"

Toshinori moved uneasily, making a slightly nervous look. You couldn't help but notice that he even took a small step back. Were you right?

''N-No... it's rather impossible." He replied, staring at the ground. '' This is... o-our first meeting."

You couldn't stop thinking that his voice was also strangely familiar to you. You noticed this before when he spoke for the first time. However, despite all these thoughts, you felt stupid. There was always the possibility that you were just wrong, but ... you couldn't get rid of the impression that your paths had crossed before.

''I'm sorry... I thought that I met you somewhere. That's all. "You mumbled, being a bundle of nerves. After a moment, you remembered that there was one more thing you wanted to apologize for. ''And... and... I'm sorry that you were a witness to that s-situation. It must have seemed strange to you a-and... it was not like that! It's just... I... I was... just scared."

Toshinori tilted his head to the side, finally looking at you.

''Scared? Of what? "He asked. You couldn't stop a short sigh. All in all, it wasn't exactly what you wanted to tell him, but you did not know what words you should use. Actually, yeah, you were trying to lie to him. After all, should a teacher do something like this to his student? You wanted to show Toshinori that it was something completely different. But how?

''I... uh... I mean ...all of this is new to me. This... whole situation... I was just scared that I... that he... would leave me. "You finally gave up after a long while. No beating around the bush. It would be best to just simply admit it, even if to some extent it was a lie.

''If you think that All Might would do it, you're wrong. He... worries about you. After all, don't you think that someone like him would just leave a lady in distress? "Toshinori quipped happily, sending you a warm smile.

"He worries about ... me?" You said before you could bite your tongue.

"What did you expect? What happened to you ... I cannot even imagine. But this is not the end of the world yet. We can deal with it, but for now, you need some rest. "He said, watching you closely. You nodded, trying to ignore his piercing eyes.

But after a moment he looked away from you and started to stare at the floor, scratching his head. His face was clearly embarrassed.

''A-are you not cold in that shirt? I t-thought that ... I gave you sweatpants... " He mumbled, blushing lightly. Oh my God, you said in your mind. Instinctively and at the speed of light, you embraced yourself, stepping back.

''They were too big! Much too big! I couldn't put them on because they were... too big ... " You said hastily repeating three times the same two words. You covered your face with your one hand, wanting to hide from him. But was there any sense to do that? You thought that you've already managed to compromise yourself several times. You truly made a good first impression.

''Relax, I-I understand." Said Toshinori, and after a moment of awkward silence, he added. ''Come, I'll show you your room."

As you walked up the stairs, you tried to think about something else. You were hoping that if you could calm down a bit, that awful blush would finally disappear from your face.

You closed the door behind you when Toshinori's figure finally disappeared. Fortunately. At least for a while, you'll stop compromising yourself. You sat on the bed, and after a while you lay down, staring blankly at the ceiling. So this is how my life will look like now, you said to yourself in your mind, breathing through your mouth. Your nose itched you inside; you could only hope that you will not catch any cold. After all, All Might said you should be careful. Illness was the last thing you needed now.

You sniffed loudly and reached for a white duvet, covering yourself with it. When after a while you felt a pleasant warmth, you couldn't stop your eyelids from falling. You were so tired, so that didn't surprise you when after a few minutes you fell asleep like a small child.

You ran ahead, ignoring the missiles flying around you that exploded like small bombs on contact with the ground. Your heart was pounding in your chest, and the blood in your veins had never coursed so fast. The adrenaline pushed you forward and you didn't have any more time to lose. You had to make it, and nobody knew that as well as you did. Your Quirk let you know that this was your last chance. If you won't make it on time, everything will be gone.

Another missile hit less than a meter from you, breaking the concrete floor into small pieces and making a quite sizable hole in it. You shuddered at the thought that you could get hit by something like that missile and die on the spot. You looked back, seeing that she didn't give up yet. She followed you like a shadow, throwing blue energy bullets at you. How did she call it... laser rockets? Laser lightning? No, laser cannon! She boasted about that a moment ago, that she invented this clever name when she was a child. Dumb woman. She thought she could stop you, slow you down, if only you couldn't save them on time. A really stupid, stupid witch who didn't know what you really could do to her.

You jumped up and bouncing off the ground a half a meter away, you made a 180-degree turn and raced straight towards this damn villain. You have never enjoyed seeing such a surprised face when at almost the speed of light you reached the woman and put your hand on her. You smiled under your breath and BANG. The woman was covered with a pale, milky-blue mist, and after a moment you could see her clothes laying on the ground. With pure satisfaction, you watched as a small, bald baby girl was digging out from under the pile of clothes, staring straight at you with a shock on her tiny face. You giggled.

''Oh, don't worry, you'll return to your normal age in a few hours. Now, forgive me, I have an important thing to do." And after saying this, you turned your back on the child and ran ahead. Suddenly you felt a strange sting on your left arm, somewhere near your wrist. You glanced at one of the five small watches on the same shoulder, carefully watching its hands that suddenly stopped, then put back by a few hours.

"What the...?" You muttered to yourself still running ahead. After a moment you realized what just happened. You swore under your breath. ''Shit, (Y/N), what have you done?"