Chapter 37

When you woke up in the next day morning, you felt that your nose was completely stuffed-up and your throat literally was burning with fire. You didn't feel dizzy anymore, apparently, the pills worked, you no longer had a fever, but there were more symptoms, the more annoying ones. You sniffed loudly, opening your mouth and feeling like you just swallowed a burning stone. You got up from the bed, feeling a buzzing in your ears, and sat on it, remembering the previous visit from you from the future. The last sentence she spoke to you still rang in your ears. There was a way to keep your memories, and she knew it. Why didn't she want to tell you that? Why did she make a secret of it?

You sighed loudly, standing on your feet, and stretched out, yawning widely. You regretted it immediately as soon the sharp pain pierced your throat. You grasped it instantly, wincing.

"Jeez, I hate colds..." You growled to yourself as you approached the door and pulled the handle. You walked slowly down to find All Might, but you realized that he was probably at school at this time ... or catching criminals. Awesome, you thought.

You went into the living room and headed to the right, where next to the cabinets and TV you saw a narrow ecliptical arch leading to the dining room connected to the kitchen. You were terribly hungry, you had the impression your stomach would start eating itself if you won't provide it normal food soon. The bright light in the kitchen hit your eyes, so it was only when your eyesight came back, you saw a piece of paper lying on the dining table.

''I left you some food in the fridge. I hope it doesn't have terrible taste."

You laughed silently, going to the fridge and checking what kind of food it was. You noticed a small silver pot and put it on the stove, removing the lid. There was... an ordinary porridge inside. You weren't so sure about Toshinori's cooking skills, but something as simple as porridge couldn't be messed up. As soon as you warmed it up, you poured it into the plate and when the first spoon landed in your mouth you winced instantly. It was... okay, but the amount of salt in this pot certainly exceeded more than two tablespoons. It was so salty that you had no other way but to improve this meal. 

Your stomach immediately thanked you when you finished eating. You put a plate into the sink and walked out of the kitchen, looking for a thermometer on one of the cupboards in the living room. When you saw it, you picked it up and hastily went to your room, wanting to get back to bed as soon as possible. Your stuffy nose and sore throat were so troublesome that you were going to take a nap.

As soon as you jumped into your warm bed, checked your temperature and drank a lot of cold water, which only cooled your throat for a few seconds, you reached for your temporary phone lying on the cupboard and wrote a text message to All Might asking for some nasal drops and lozenges. You were hoping he will do this tiny favor for you.

And send, you thought and put the phone back. But it didn't even take a few minutes when the silence was interrupted by the song you set up when someone calls you. You haven't had a chance to speak yet, so you didn't know how terrible you sounded, so as soon as you answered the phone and asked what had happened, All Might almost shouted in surprise:

''(Y/N)! You sound awful! How do you feel? "You sighed quietly, not wanting to use your voice, especially now that you knew how much your throat hurt when you did it.

''... it's okay... just ... my throat... "You complained, afraid that you would lose your voice in a moment.

''Yeah, I can hear. Okay, do not move anywhere, I'll be in a moment." He called and hung up. You stared at the screen for a moment, not quite understanding why he said it at all.

"... but... I'm not going anywhere... Toshinori-san..."

I hope... he is not afraid that I will suddenly disappear, you thought leaning against the wall and browsing web on your phone looking for something which will distract you until he arrives. You froze with your finger raised, halfway to clicking on a picture, when you started to think that maybe... he was afraid of losing you again. It also came to you that it was quite unusual because... what kind of teacher would care so much about his student? Or what superhero would do that much for an ordinary girl? You lowered your hands with the phone on the duvet and shook your head. Those speculations will eventually psyching you out. For a long time you have not done anything else but... analyzing his every movement, every word, everything, even the slightest gesture, just to not miss the moment ... in which he will finally show what he really thought.

It made you crazy.

"Oh my... you look awful." He said as soon as he entered the room and saw you. All swollen, with nose dripping and red eyes. You winced.

"Thank you so much, Toshinori-san ..." You whined, hiding under your duvet. ''You know how to compliment a woman...''

"Oh, I'm sorry, it was just a joke." He answered. You held your breath, unable to believe that he was lying so badly.

"To be honest... I don't believe you..." You muttered, sniffling. "And even if ... it was a bad joke."

Why cold must be so disgraceful?

''I brought you medicine. If you go out of your cover I will give it to you. "He said in an amused tone of voice. He was really enjoying it...

"And if... you give me medicine ... I will tell you who visited me... last night." You muttered, using a similar argument as he did. It amazed you that you just... teased him.

"Someone came in here?!" he called suddenly, and you couldn't stop the burst of laughter.

''Nah, medicine first." You mumbled, reaching out to him from under the cover. If shaking head could make a sound, you would hear it now.

''... (Y N), really? "He said, putting two rectangular packages into your hand. You took care of them quickly.

"... you said I'm ugly..." You said, putting a red lozenge into your mouth. The feeling when the pill has anesthetized some of the pain you felt... was wonderful. You only heard how All Might sighed and suddenly sat down beside you, grabbing the cover. Thinking he's going to take it off of you, you held it tighter.

''I said I was joking.''

''But still..."

''(Y/N)... you are not ugly..." He said quietly. You blushed instantly and your heart started to beat quicker. Did he just say that?

''Really?"

"Yes, really." He muttered but added in a moment with a playful tone. "I didn't say you're ugly... I just said you look terrible, and that's a big difference."

''Ah! Toshinori-san, it's not funny!" He laughed loudly, seeing your anger.

"I will stop when you get out from under this cover." Obediently you did what he asked for, rising on your elbows and leaning against the cold wall. You still didn't feel comfortable after what he said, but you really wanted him to stop making fun of you. "Are you feeling better now?"

''It's only a cold. I'll be alright."

''Nevertheless, I asked Recovery Girl to come here after class. You can't be sick right now. "He said. You opened your eyes wide, hearing that he had told a complete stranger about everything. Even if it was Recovery Girl, it still was... ''Okay, now talk. Who visited you at night?"

His question quite upset you. You looked at him a little confused and suddenly forgetting that someone else knew about you, you told him about everything.

''So I was right. Wonderful! "He called, getting up from his seat and rubbing his hands as if he was planning a different, slightly more nightmarish planed. ''Once Recovery Girl heals you, you'll start training right away. We have no time to lose."

"... but..." You started, but after a while you stopped, knowing that it won't work. I will not convince him anyway, you thought, sighing loudly. ''Yes... yes... wonderful..."