Chapter 18

It's over.

He hates me.

Why am I so stupid?

Why couldn't I hold myself back?

Why, why, why?!

You stopped at the bottom of the stairs, unable to stop the tears flowing from your eyes. You have no idea how long you've been standing there. Maybe a second, maybe an hour. It was meaningless just to stand there. You had to go somewhere else. Somewhere far away. You wanted to leave this school as soon as possible.

The corridor seemed endless. And when you started to run again, you couldn't stop. You ran ahead, ignoring what was happening around you. The bell rang somewhere in the distance. You were so distracted that you didn't even notice it. At any time, you could just bump into yourself. But to tell the truth, you didn't care about it anymore. You just wanted to disappear. You felt like your heart just split into two. As if there was one big open wound which you would never get rid of. It hurts, it hurts so badly. And it was all your fault.

The students slowly walked out of their classrooms, surprised by your behavior. Most of them didn't even know who you were, but seeing a crying girl running through the corridor, well, everyone would turn around to see what happened.

"Oi, (L/N)? How the heck...?" You heard this well-known voice. You stopped for a while to see the person to whom this voice belonged. Please, just not him, you thought feeling now angry. Not now. " How the hell you did it? After a second you went in that direction and now you are running from the other?"

"Piss off, Bakugo. You better leave me alone or I swear..." You said through clenched teeth. Of all the people in this damn school, it was Bakugo who must have been the first person to talk to you? One misfortune after another. Am I cursed or something?, you thought trying to hold yourself back. You waited until he'll answer you until he will say something that would make you lose control. You were a mess right now. Even you had no idea what you would do in this state.

"I'm... what's going on? Something happened?"

"I don't want to talk right now. Leave me alone. It's better for you if you'll listen to what I say."

"But..."

But you didn't give him time to finish the sentence. Ignoring your surroundings, you moved forward, finally holding back tears. In some way, he helped you. Because sadness was replaced by the anger.

The cold wind hit your face. It helped, but only for a moment. You managed to calm down for a second, but as soon as you thought about that situation, you felt the same way again. However, you have finally realized what has happened and was still happening. The future has changed. The future is still changing. If you won't do anything, something more terrible can happen. Time is not a toy. You've made a mess. And now you have to clean it up. The problem was... how? You can't just go back to All Might again like that. Not after what he told you, not after... when he broke your heart. Even if you didn't want to admit it, you knew it wasn't his fault. You would do the same if you were him. You too wouldn't fall in love with someone much younger than you, especially your student. After all, you could understand him. He was a superhero, who was standing on the side of the law. If he somehow returned your feelings... it was impossible. One of those girls told this to her friend before you jumped in time. You knew it long before it, you knew it then and... you know it now. Why are you still lying to yourself that you still have any chances?

You didn't even notice when you got off the road and you were at the back of the school. Well, at least nobody will see you here. The final lesson was over. It will take some time before you will go to All Might's classroom. You went then to the library again, because you still couldn't find the right book. You had about twenty minutes before the future will change. You leaned against the wall, covering your face with your hands. What can I do?, you said to yourself in your mind.

"... there must be a way to fix it."

Suddenly it got... darker. Clouds? Could it be rain? But it didn't rain in your original timeline. Before you could raise your head, you heard something that made your heart go to your throat.

"There is always a way."

He was standing in front of you with his arms crossed over his chest, looking at you intensely as if nothing had happened before.

"Just tell me everything. I'll listen what you have to say." Said All Might, looking away, as soon as your eyes met. Ahh, so now it will look like this, eh?, you thought also trying to avoid eye contact. Well, at least you tried to do it. You stared at him, unable to hold back tears. Once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream. You covered your face with your hand, sobbing like a baby. "(Y/N)."

"I... I'm..." You started. Why you just couldn't finish this sentence?

"You know, (Y/N)... I'm not good at this. At comforting someone. I can try, but probably I'll make it worse. And... I should give you some time... to forget. I shouldn't move this subject now, but ... you should try to... to try... to... I told you I'm not good at this." He said, stuttering for the first time in front of you. "All I want to say is... don't give up."

You froze. When you looked up and your eyes met, you felt the warmth in your heart.

"So... y-you don't s-say no?" You asked wiping away your tears. Now he froze. You felt like that wasn't what he meant. But it was too late. All those feelings came back with double force.

Suddenly his face took on an embarrassed expression. Stuttering, he said:

"I... I meant... don't give up on being my student. Don't give up on this school because of m-m... I didn't mean... that we..."

"But that's how it sounded." You interrupted him, straightening. Oh no, you were serious. As never in life. Now when he knew about your feelings towards him, you have nothing to lose. "And y-you didn't even m-mention it, sensei. You didn't s-say anything about the s-school."

"I think I did."

"No, you did n-not. I know w-what I heard." You said, trying to look serious. He was looking at you with this embarrassed expression on his face, making your heart beat faster. You weren't able to think of anything else. You didn't allow any other possibility.

Suddenly All Might sighed. He laid his hands on his hips and laughed aloud.

"It's n-not funny, sensei." You growled, making a grimace on your face.

"I know. It's just... ahh! I won't beat you, eh?" He said sending you his wide smile.

Without hesitation, you smiled back.

"No. You won't."

"Ahh, fine. But let's change the subject if you don't mind. Tell me, why there are two of you in this school?"