Chapter 20

With hope you watched him leave. It must work, there was no other option. Now everything was in his hands, you had to trust him. But even so, you wanted to go after him and see it all by yourself. Will everything go exactly as you remembered? Or will it look completely different? Or what if it won't work? You shook your head, trying to not to think 'bout it. It must work.

You struggled with yourself, being in two minds. Should I move and look at it closely from behind?, you thought, taking a small step forward. The temptation won because after a while you were running up the stairs, passing the last students leaving UA.

Where should you hide? How long will you have to wait for yourself until you leave class and go to the bathroom? A million questions were in your head, waiting for the answer. But you already had a plan. You were going to stand somewhere near the door and listen to everything that was about to happen in that classroom. You wanted to know if the conversation between you and All Might would look the same as it did then. The truth was you were afraid. You were afraid that it won't go your way. No, you didn't have your hunch, but in the depths of your heart, you felt something wasn't... right. You tried to explain it to yourself. You kept thinking that until now, everything you read in the books about time is right, the time loop that you have experienced has been thoroughly described, everything was exactly the same as in the books. But... why you had a feeling that something is different and everything won't back to normal?

Your watch still showed the wrong time. Why didn't you change it when you had a chance? You remember the hour when you entered the classroom. You checked it before you came in. Well, you were aware why you didn't set your watch. Your thoughts were in chaos back then. You didn't think logically, you let your emotions carry you. Now you know how much it could and still can cost you. Everything's ahead of you, it wasn't the right moment to celebrate a success.

You hid near the class, afraid that your past you isn't inside yet. You didn't want to meet yourself.

And you were right. As soon as you leaned against the wall, you heard footsteps. You slightly leaned out the corner, glancing at the person to which they belonged. That was you. It always gave you a strange feeling when you looked at yourself. In the end, not everyone can experience something like this. You've never heard of any superhero having a power similar to yours. Yes, there were people who could change their appearance, but that wasn't the same thing. The person you were seeing now, slowly approaching the classroom and checking her watch, was you. For one hundred percent.

When she came in, you were relieved. Now you could just wait. But how long? You didn't remember. Why didn't you set that damn watch? As soon as the doors closed, you slowly walked up to them listening to what was going on inside. You haven't heard exactly everything, but until now everything was as you remembered. You sat down under the class, listening closely. How much time has passed, you had no idea, but when you heard a loud noise inside, you jumped to your feet and stepped back. Your second you were about to come outside. You knew where you should go now. To the bathroom where you disappeared. But where should you hide? Not inside, that's for sure. After all, you remembered that nobody was there, all the cabins were empty, so hiding in one of them wasn't the best option. You decided you will hide near the bathroom. In the end, you just had to wait for these two girls to come inside and for you to go back in time.

Suddenly you heard the quick steps approaching the door from the inside of the classroom. This is it, you were about to leave. Without thinking you hid in the same place as before. You watched yourself as you wave to All Might, heading towards the bathroom. When the other you disappeared around the corner, you breathed a sigh of relief, glad that everything was going as it should. After a while, someone grabbed your arm and made you jumped out of fear.

"Why are you still here, (L/N)-san? Shouldn't you...?" Said All Might looking at you with surprise. You sighed loudly, laughing under your breath. "What? Have I said something wrong?"

"It's me, sensei. I mean... me from the different timeline." You said, turning around and looking at him. His face changed suddenly like he was... angry.

"Then what are you doing here? You said it was a big risk to meet yourself. You shouldn't..."

"It's okay, sensei! I know where I went now. It won't happen. Now I just have to wait until I'll travel in time. Everything is fine." You interrupted him sending him a smile. For a moment he looked as if he wanted to say something about it, but he just nodded and laid his hand on your shoulder. At the place where his hand touched you, you felt a strange tingling. You waited for his answer, not letting him notice what you felt. 

"Okay, but be careful."

"I will. I must go now. See you later, All Might-sensei."

Waving to him, you turned around, heading to the bathroom. Suddenly the door opened and that two girls came out from the inside. You were too far away to hear about what they were talking. When they disappeared from your eyes, you came in, took your things and with a wide smile you went home.

It worked, everything is as it should be. Now you can relax and forget about everything. It was close. At the thought of what might have happened, you had goosebumps. But now the problem is gone, now you just wanted to go home, hide under your blanket and think about how your relations with All Might will look now. Should you talk to him about it or maybe never talk about it again?

On the way home, you felt a raindrop on your cheek. There was no sign of a storm but not wanting to check it out,  you started running. Passing your neighbor's house, you didn't think of anything else than your bed. You will be inside in a moment. You were almost there when suddenly...

"What happened? Forgot your umbrella?" You heard your sister's voice. You haven't seen her yet, you started to wonder who she was talking to. 

"You won't believe it! Someone stole my bag in school. In superheroes school!"

You heard it when you came close enough to see the front door of your home. And in front of them was your sister, talking to...

No. No. No.

It didn't work.