Chapter 21

Without thinking you took a step back behind the nearest house, wanting to avoid your sister's eyes. She couldn't see you. You leaned against the wall, tightening your fingers on the strap of your bag. Your heart pounded in your chest, you felt a strange hug in your stomach as if someone had squeezed all of your guts. You were terrified.

It didn't work.

But why?

You did everything that you should do. Your other self has disappeared, after all your bag was laying all by itself in that bathroom, you didn't see yourself anywhere. So how was it possible?

I must have missed something, you thought, pushing away from the wall and taking a few steps forward. You raised your eyes and looked angrily straight ahead.

"It's my fault, I ruined everything..." You whispered, feeling warmth flooding your face. You were so angry, mad at yourself, for your stupidity, for the fact that before you think, your body moves by itself, for not being able to stop yourself. If you did nothing then and stayed near the place you appeared... but are you sure it would be the best idea? You don't quite understand this whole timeline. You don't understand your own Quirk, you couldn't even control it. So how would you know what would be the best way out of that situation? You didn't understand anything. How? How? How did that happened...??! You shook your head, wanting to finally wake up from this shock. You put your hands on your cheeks, trying to calm down somehow. It wasn't a good time to lose control. For once you had to think it over and think about what to do next. You couldn't go home, it's rather obvious. Where should you go now...?

All Might.

Only he knew everything. You must tell him that something went wrong. You took a deep breath and let it out with a loud whistle and when you managed to calm yourself down a little, you ran forward, ignoring everything and everyone around you.

But where he could be now, how could you find him? In the end, he told you before that he had something important to do, so looking for him at school was out of the question. And the truth was, you had no idea about other places where he could go. Except that he was a teacher at UA Academy and Number One Hero, you did not really know anything about him. Ehh, how many times you realized this?

Wait a minute, you thought, I'm such an idiot. You stopped in a park where you had previously trained with All Might and hurriedly reached for the phone inside your (f/c) bag. After all, he gave me his phone number so I could call him in case of problems. All I have to do is press his name on the screen and tell him everything. I don't have to run head over heels toward him.

You were getting nervous again when you heard the call signal. How should you tell him all of this? How should you explain it to him? After all, you assured him that everything would be all right. You were so confident but at this moment... you didn't know anything. You sighed quietly, trying not to think about it, but when you heard his voice, your own was stuck in your throat.

"(Y/N)? I'm a bit... busy right now, so if you could call me later, I'd be... "He started, but suddenly you got a hunch that if you won't say anything, he will hang up, so you only made an effort to say one short sentence that was bothering you all this time.

"It didn't work."

For a moment he was silent, silent as if you cast a magic spell on him, but when he finally spoke, you couldn't stop the feeling that made you somehow forget about all of your problems, a feeling which made you happy.

"Where are you?" He asked in a serious tone. You covered your eyes with your hand, somehow holding back tears. It was not easy, especially when he listened.

"I-in the park... near my h-house."

"Stay where you are. I'll be there right away." And then he hung up. He didn't even give you a chance to respond. Maybe it was better. You were afraid that if he would force you to speak, you wouldn't be able to hold back your tears. You were crying too often in front of him, but not this time. In the end, you were studying in the superhero academy and superheroes are not crybabies. So when you hid your phone back into your bag, you sniffed loudly and took a deep breath. Not this time.

Slowly you walked to the railing, which separated the sidewalk from the river flowing on the other side. This place always made you recall that day when you stopped time and for the first time you managed to resume it. It was when you saw Midoriya running from afar, you got scared that he would see you with All Might and then, like an idiot, you pushed your teacher into the bushes so that no one would see you together. You laughed. Now, as you recalled it again, it seemed so stupid. But not so much time has passed since that event. You leaned against the railing, closing your eyes for a moment. The rain was running down your face, soaking through your clothes, but you didn't pay attention to it. You were too distracted by the fact that you got stuck. You were in a bind and all you could do now was wait for All Might. And what to do next... you didn't know.

You had no idea how much time had passed, you felt cold, you were soaked to the skin and he still hasn't shown up. You started to think to call him again when:

"You shouldn't stand in the rain like this, (Y/N). You will catch a cold." You quickly opened your eyes and saw him standing in front of you with an expression that didn't bode well.

"I'm sorry..." You muttered, embracing yourself with your hands, but suddenly All Might pulled off his jacket and with concern in his eyes he almost put it in your head.

"Here, take this." He said, crossing his arms over his chest. Obediently using his jacket as a hood, you raised your head and looked into his eyes. He looked straight at you, waiting for you to say something, which you didn't, so he added "So, you say it didn't work. What do you mean by that?"

"I'm still here." You sighed quietly and with resignation added "I mean that my other self is still here."

"But you said..."

"I know what I said!" You interrupted him with your raised voice. After a second you realized that you practically shouted at him, so you quickly said "I'm sorry, sensei. I-It's just... I don't know what to do anymore. I thought everything will be fine, I thought that I know how time is working... but it looks like I don't know anything. It's all my fault. I... I give up..."

You lowered your head, not looking into his eyes, you were afraid of what you could see in them. Disappointment, anger. You didn't want to see him looking at you like that.

"And where is your self-confidence now, (Y/N)? Earlier you were so sure that it would work, so right now you cannot just simply say I give up, there is always a way." You raised your head and looked at him. When you saw him sending you his famous smile, you realized that maybe it's not too late. There is always a solution and you, obviously, had a tendency to give up quickly when something didn't go your way.

"It seems, sensei, that without you I would stop fighting a long time ago."

"Yeah, I kinda noticed that. It looks like unless you finally realize it by yourself, someone must constantly remind you about it." He said smiling widely and patting your head which made your heart to beat faster. "Now, we have to figure something out and standing here isn't a good idea. At this rate, you will really catch a cold. So... hold on tight."

"What?" You asked slightly shocked.

"As I said, hold on tight!" And while saying this, without warning, he took you in his arms and bending his knees and bouncing off the ground, he rose into the air.