Chapter 8

You were running next to each other without exchanging a single word. You didn't have the courage to speak after what just happened. He called you by your name... and you didn't know why. He only used your last name and now you were for him (Y/N)? You still couldn't believe. But for some reason you were happy. In the end, it meant a lot to you. In some way you felt special because he called other students by their surnames, you have never heard him use someone's first name. You thought that something had to change. You were more convinced about this because All Might didn't raise the subject again as if he didn't realize anything. He had to do it under the spur of the moment, under the influence of the emotions which you caused. You were also curious if he would use your name again.

Slowly it started to get brighter and warmer. The sun was already clearly visible, but suddenly a light wind started to blow and made your (h/l) hair messy. You stopped for a moment, taking a hairband from your pocket and pulling your hair in a ponytail (unless your hair is really short, you just used a hairpin). You felt a bit tired at that moment, your legs hurt and you felt that it wouldn't be easy for you to pay attention to classes all the time, but you still thought it was worth it. If it was supposed to help you, then why not? Mastering your power was in second place on your TO DO list. The first of course was to show All Might that you could be more for him than just a student. You hoped that you would soon come up with a more detailed plan or an opportunity would come which would help you to make him realize.

"I know that at the beginning you may think that these trainings are difficult and that they have nothing to do with your Quirk, but it will be like this only for two weeks. We need to know if your body condition has some effect on it. So do not be discouraged, because everything will be fine." All Might spoke suddenly, glancing at you. Because I am here, you finished in your mind recalling his famous saying and smiling almost unnoticeable. Your eyes met for a moment, but you quickly looked away, being afraid that he would notice your slight smile.

"I-I know... you don't have to worry about it, All Might-sensei. In the end, you are the Number One Hero and you know what you're doing." You said, somehow strangely starting to run faster. You heard his loud laughter and when you saw that he also sped up, running next to you, you felt embarrassed.

"Thank you for believing in me, (L/N)-san." His words made you look at him. He used your last name this time, which meant that he called you by your name under the spur of the moment. You felt that your heart is beating faster. You knew something had changed in your relationship. It wasn't so... stiff anymore.

You glanced at your watch seeing that it was six in the morning. You've been running for forty minutes and when you felt that your energy started to leave you, you wanted to rest for a moment. You didn't know if All Might had planned any short breaks or if you just had to run all the time until 7.30am. Slowly, you started to feel uneasy. You were surprised by the fact that you haven't met anyone yet and you knew that if it will happen, you will have to stop training and hide somewhere. Everyone would like an autograph or a shared photo with All Might. In the end, he's a legend. Being in the place of these people, you would want it too.

Suddenly All Might stopped. He looked around and then glanced at you.

"Maybe a short break? For a novice like you, such training must be exhaustive." He said not knowing how much you were glad for those words. You couldn't wait until he will finally stop and will let you rest, to take a deep breath and drink some water. So when he saw you greedily drinking water he laughed loudly, saying "I didn't think I'd tire you so badly. But it's good for you. With every day you will feel better, you'll see."

"Nothing comes easy, eh? To achieve something, you have to get a little tired first." You said sending him a smile. He was looking at you for a moment and then replied with laughter:

"And that's the spirit!"

You stepped off the road, stopping near the trees. You looked at the sky which reflecting from the clouds rays were falling on the river, making a wonderful palette of colors like from a fairy tail(xD). The rising sun, causing you to hold your breath for a moment to see this wonderful phenomenon, completely made you lose touch with reality.

When you finally woke up, suddenly you saw the figure which appeared far away and in front of you two. Wait, isn't that... Midoriya-san?! This boy from your class with whom you have never exchanged a single word? You didn't know how he would react seeing you two, so you immediately felt like fear slowly was taking control of your body. Not wanting Midoriya to see you with All Might, without thinking, you caught your teacher by the arm and pushed him back.

"(L/N)-san, what are you...?!" He started but never finished, because he failed to maintain balance and fell right into the bushes, pulling you as well.

You were expecting some pain but you didn't feel anything, you just felt that you were lying on something soft. But as soon as you opened your eyes, your heart came to your throat, making a heart attack.

All Might was lying on the ground, completely stunned, and you... on the top of him with a face so red that even tomatoes didn't appear in such shades.

Your voice was stuck in your throat, your body was completely frozen and you couldn't take your eyes off him. You felt like time stopped, which happened for real. But why... All Might was still moving and... staring at you with those... wide-open eyes?