Chapter 16

As soon as you opened the door, you were blinded for a few seconds by the light coming from the window on your right. You were about to open your mouth to reply to these two girls, but your voice suddenly stuck in your throat. There was... no one in front of you. You looked around, thinking they might be hiding. But you were alone. What the..., you thought, hell just happened?

You glanced toward the window and then you understood. Bright sunlight? When you walked into the toilet, the light was in orange-red color and the sun was slowly setting. Why is it now higher in the sky?

"No way..." You muttered to yourself, walking to the window and looking outside.

Well, it happened sometimes, suddenly, without warning. Usually, there were no witnesses when you disappeared. It happened often at home, you have never experienced it at school.

"... I jumped." You said quietly, watching boys playing football on the school playground. You've seen it before, when you were in the classroom on the last lesson, dreaming for the day to end. You looked at those boys with attention, trying to distract your mind. Then one of the boys used his power, even though you had heard through the open window in the classroom that they had promised not to use their Quirks while playing.

And exactly the same thing you saw right now. At least you knew how far you jumped. When it happened before you weren't so lucky.

During such jumps, you had to be careful to not bump into yourself. You read about it in books. Time paradox. Although what you read about it wasn't confirmed, you didn't know what could happen if you met yourself and you hoped you would never have to check it out.

You looked back. Your stuff wasn't in the cabin, it was logical. You haven't come here yet, because you were still in the class. The lessons were still ongoing and that meant the corridor was empty at the moment. You opened the door from the bathroom and looked out. All clear.

When you walked out and did maybe three steps, you realized that if you meet your teachers, they'll think you've left the class. I can always tell them the truth, you thought, looking behind you, but on the other hand... Was it a good idea? You didn't want the teachers to think that you had such difficulties with controlling your Quirk. What should I do? To whom should I go? Even if these questions have been bothering you, only one thought came to your mind.

All Might.

He was the right person in the whole school you wanted to tell about what happened to you. But where could you find him? In the teacher's room? No, it was out of the question. But to be honest, a lot of people tried to search for him in there and they rarely succeed. It was as if after those few hours, during which he was teaching, he suddenly disappeared. Somewhere where no one could find him. As if he was hiding on purpose.

You knew a lot of things about All Might but those were only basics, everyone could find them out on the internet. The truth was, you didn't really know anything about him. Nothing specific. And now you really, really wanted to know about his favorite place at school. Where would you look for him? Outside? Inside?

"Calm down, (Y/N). You think too much." You said to yourself, closing your eyes. Maybe this time has come? The time when you finally will use your power the way you want. You didn't know how to do it, but you had to at least try. Try to predict where All Might will be at this moment.

You pictured in your mind his silhouette standing in the distance, surrounded by a black mist. You slowly began to imagine a place, shapes started to emerge from the dark. The sky, breeze, metal fence and concrete floor. When you opened your eyes, there was a smile on your lips. If you weren't wrong and you really managed to use your power, you knew where to look for All Might. The roof. You quickly turned around and ran to the nearest stairs.

You had to find him as soon as possible. Before the lessons will be over. Then he will go to his classroom and you will meet him there, before your jump in time, to write that damn essay. You didn't know how much time you had. The watch on your wrist and on your phone showed 5.30pm and there wasn't another one, from this timeline, nearby.

I'm almost there, you thought, having difficulties with catching your breath. With every step, your legs refused to obey you. Slowly approaching your destination, you felt as if your life depended on it. Coming to the next floor, you realized that fate gave you another chance. An opportunity to change the future. If you manage to get to All Might, you could warn him about what will happen to you in that classroom.

Stopping in front of the door which separated you from All Might, you suddenly realized something.

"I can't do it." You said pressing on the handle.

By doing so, I will, in fact, change my future. But then everything could be different. If All Might somehow will behave differently and he won't make me leave the class, then I won't meet these girls. I will not jump and will not create this time loop. Because usually, it was like this. When I jumped back in time, I waited for my past me to disappear again. Everything was fine. There weren't two of me. And if something goes wrong and the other me won't disappear, there will be a time paradox. Two the same persons in one timeline, you said to yourself in your mind, feeling terrified. You didn't even want to think about what you would do in such a situation.

"I can't do it." You repeated.

Slowly you let the handle, taking a step back. You turned around and you were about to leave when you suddenly heard the sound of the opening door. You didn't even have time to think when your body reacted by itself. You turned around and to your horror, you saw what you just wanted to avoid.

"(L/N)-san? It's not good to skip your classes."