Chapter 44

The fear traveled in your veins, quickly making its way to your face. You clenched your fists as you hesitantly looked into his eyes, staring at you with surprise mixed with anger. Bakugou Katsuki stood a few meters away from you, appearing suddenly, like a ghost, making your heart skip a beat inside your chest. 

You looked at his face and wished you could read in minds - you could at least find out what was happening in his right now. Especially when his muscle twitched involuntarily at the corner of his left eye, his mouth formed an irritated grimace. With arms folded tightly across his chest, he exhaled almost furiously and said:

''What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you running from me?" Then Bakugou glanced at All Might standing right next to you, winced slightly and pointed at him with curiosity in his voice. ''And who is this?"

Those three questions made you snap out of your daze, causing fear and shock to intensify. Your voice completely stuck in your throat, you felt as if some invisible force squeezed you by the neck and didn't let you speak.

You felt someone's hand on your arm that started to shake it. You reflexively turned your head and gave All Might a surprised look when... you realized that he wasn't the one who shook your arm. 

It was you who was shaking.

But All Might's expression has changed suddenly - he looked at you, then at Bakugou and again at you. After a moment, he sighed quietly and said:

"First of all: calm down. Take a deep breath. And second ... stopping his time wasn't a very good move. Sooner or later we will have to talk to Bakugou-shounen."

You quickly turned your head towards the blonde, unable to believe that you just used your power again without control. You thought these times were already a thing of the past.

"I-I... I panicked." You lied. Well, actually, yes, you panicked, but you didn't want All Might to know your Quirk was out of control again. You gulped loudly and added after a moment. "So... what should I do? He's frozen, but it will not take long. What should I tell him?"

"What do you think?" He answered you with another question. You furrowed your brow, sighing loudly. 

"I don't know! That's why I'm asking you!"

"Once again... What do you think? What is the best solution in this situation?" He asked again.  

"Uhh... run away?" You answered with playful, yet fake, smile. He shook his head, glancing at still standing behind you and still frozen in time Bakugou. 

"No, (Y/N). It's the worst thing you can do right now. If you run away, he'll start asking questions. At the earliest opportunity, he would ask the other you what you were doing here. And I know you are too smart to not guess that something is wrong. I can already see you approaching me at school and saying you suspect that there is a second version of you." He explained, making you speechless for a moment. You blinked your eyes several times, trying to understand what he just said. He wants me to..., you started in your mind.

"You want me to tell him the truth." You said, out loud this time, starting to play with the sleeve of your yukata when you saw him nodding.  "The whole truth?"

"I don't see any other possibilities."

"Even about you?" You asked raising your brows. You saw how surprise appeared on his face for a few seconds, then he cleared his throat theatrically and replied:

"A-actually... I was thinking just about you. He doesn't have to know the truth about me."

"So how can I explain to him who you are without telling him that? What should I say then?" You almost yelled, trying to make your voice quieter. You took a deep breath and added calmly this time. "Besides, when I reset time, everyone will forget about everything. He will not remember anything about me. And about you."

"Yes, you're right, but there's one thing you didn't think about. What if he starts to talk? If people will believe him..."

"They won't. They will not believe until they see. People would never believe that you... are you." You said, suddenly interested with the grass, almost hearing how his brows furrowed.

You knew that your words were true. If someone had told you a few weeks earlier that the man standing in front of you was All Might, you would laugh at them and call them crazy. After all, something like this is not possible. The Number One Hero that can use his power for several hours a day and then turns into a weakling whom even a child would defeat? No, people would never believe in something like this.

''Thanks, (Y/N)..." He responded with a bit bitter tone, and, after a short pause, he added. "Just...  tell him what happened to you... skipping the part about me..."

Then it dawned on you. As soon as you raised your head and looked at him, you understood everything.

''You are scared, aren't you? You are afraid of what people will think when they discover the truth about you." You said, drilling a hole in his head with your gaze. His mouth opened wide and you could see a surprise, almost shock, appearing in his eyes. He probably didn't expect to hear anything like this from you.

When you saw his face, suddenly you felt guilty. It was obvious that he was afraid. Since you remembered he was a role model for you - and not just for you. People admired him. What would happen if someone discovered who All Might really is? That he is not the same powerful superhero he used to be? 

People are cruel. You could already imagine their reaction - shock and disbelief. Then they would be scared. In the end, most of the villains sat quietly, afraid of All Might. And if they would find out that he is not the same as he used to be... you got goosebumps at that thought.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have..." You mumbled. "W-well, o-okay... we will not tell him that. In that case... what should I say? Any ideas?"

"Tell him what I told you." He answered ignoring completely what you said earlier. When he saw that you had no idea what he was talking about, he sighed and added. "When you met me. This me."

"That actually was... so smooth of you to use your real name." You said recalling that day when he introduced himself to you as Toshinori Yagi. Then you were angry that he lied to you but now... you find it even funny. 

You looked at him, sending him a cheerful grin. He returned your smile, looking a bit like he was proud about inventing something so clever. You had a problem with refraining from laughing.

"Okay, then that's exactly what we will say to Bakugou. He-" You started but suddenly someone interrupted you. 

"What are you going to tell me? What are you up to, (L/N)?" 

Apparently, the time has returned to normal, because Bakugou moved a bit nervous, piercing you with his angry eyes. You gulped loudly. 

It sounded better when you planned it with All Might, and now, when you were standing in front of Bakugou, intending to tell him everything... you were scared again. But you had no choice. So you took a deep breath and said:

"Better sit down, Bakugou, it's actually a long story."

"Tsk, don't tell me what do to." He barked, lowering his hands and putting them in his pockets. "You'd better start talking."

"Okay, as you wish." You said with a grin plastered over your face.

Then you started your story.