Chapter 36

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He sprang to his feet almost yelling at you. You expected such a reaction, it was so predictable. Instead of telling him something so important right away, you kept it to yourself. Too bad you just learned that Toshinori Yagi is All Might, then you told him that you love him, then he rejected you and you ran away, and at the end, you were kidnapped by the villains. Things got a little bit... complicated.

''Too much to tell...'' You said to yourself, not wanting to explain to him everything that you just thought about. You didn't feel like it, and the mere thought of it was making you even sicker.

"So... to clean this whole mess, you have to reset the timeline and everything will go back to normal?" He asked, and you nodded.

"Yes ... but there is one problem." You answered and then paused for a moment. You took a deep breath and continued. ''If I do it, time will go back to the point where it all began. Before the moment when two of me appeared. And that would mean... that ... what has happened so far... that this reality will not exist anymore."

His face showed mostly surprise and disappointment. It was quite logical that time will have to go back, and everyone will forget what had happened. Including you and him. You will regret it, you will regret everything that you told him and what he told you will never happen. That you will have to start everything from the beginning, without knowing how your story will end. That thought made you feel a dull pain in your heart.

"It's... quite a low price." He said after a moment. It hurt you a little... as if it didn't matter to him. He added after a while. '' But... are you sure it's the only way?''

You nodded, making a sad face.

"That's what she said... everything will reset. Even our memories."

He began circling around the room, scratching his head. Maybe you were wrong, maybe he cared about it too. You watched him in silence, not knowing what else you could tell him. Toshinori stopped abruptly and, crossing his arms over his chest, said:

''Since this is the only way... we have no choice. You have to do it." You sighed quietly, only nodding slowly. "In that case ... if it's true about your power, I need to create a different training plan for you. When your cold will be gone, we'll start your training anew, this time focusing only on practicing your Quirk and checking if it really has such a limitation."

"End of running and exhausting exercises?" After a moment you asked with hope in your voice, giving him a slight smile. Your question caused him to laugh out loud.

''Yes, I think so. But... in spite of everything, I think you should improve your physical condition. It's... frightening." He said, pointing his finger at you. You rolled your eyes theatrically, telling him that you know about it too well.

When All Might left you alone in your room, you glanced at your watch, seeing that it was only an hour since you woke up for the first time. You wrapped duvet around your body, closing your eyes and when you were about to fall asleep, the sound of the creaking chair made your eyelids to rise quickly. You jumped up, and your eyes went straight to the source of the sound.

''... but ... why? "You asked with confusion. 

''Hi! I'm back!" She yelled suddenly... the girl, future version of you. Despite your headache, you stood on your feet and took a few steps toward her, but she stretched out her hands in a defensive gesture. "Wow, better stay where you are. Time paradox, remember?"

''But ... what are you doing here? You have already told me everything, I know what I should do now." You said quietly, trying to figure out why she was visiting you again. ''And first of all, be quiet, please, because All Might can hear you."