Chapter 39

You felt like you were petrified by a basilisk, you couldn't move a millimeter, let alone say anything. A wave of happiness flowed your mind, no, it was more like a tsunami. You felt as light as a feather, as if someone had put you wings on your shoulders. You couldn't take your eyes off him, still fixed on his back. You really wanted to see his expression now, what emotions were on his face, and if you could somehow regain control of your body, you would come up to him and look at it.

Suddenly he fell silent after his confession, leaning against the worktop, and just as you, couldn't even move. He looked like he was waiting for something, waiting for your answer, which wasn't supposed to come so quickly. Impatient with your inaction, he lowered his head and leaned it against the cupboard hanging above the worktop, sighing loudly.

''Say something, (Y/N)...'' He muttered under his breath that you barely could hear him. His words worked like a magic spell, you moved slightly, hanging your head and focusing your eyes on the tea leaves floating in your cup. Say something... but what? As if all the words you've learned so far were gone and all that was left in your head was emptiness. Actually, not entirely emptiness, only one sentence echoed in your head. He. Likes. Me.

Not knowing how you did it and what got into you that you said it, but once you pulled yourself together, you asked him in a slightly high-pitched voice:

''...can you say that again?"

''(Y/N), be serious, I just told you that... oh, you're clever. You heard me." He said, wanting to turn his face to you, but for no apparent reason, he stopped halfway and now you could see only half of his face, which suddenly became so interested in the floor. ''I told you that I won't repeat it twice. It was the first and the last time you heard it from me."

You nodded your head looking at him, but you were not so sure if he saw it, so a second later you muttered a silent 'mhmm', unable to get rid of this euphoria, which tried to get out into the light and take control over you. If you won't stop it... you will start jumping for joy, and that would completely ruin the mood. You had the feeling that if you will let him talk, you would learn even more.

''Don't look at me like that. You don't even know how difficult it is for me... to confess something like this to someone like you." He continued, suddenly covering his face with his hand. You could imagine what he felt, in the end, you felt exactly the same when you told him about your feelings. This uncertainty what the other person will say, fear that you will hear something you do not want to hear. But in his case, he didn't have to worry about it. He knew well that you were in love with him, but it wasn't about you rejecting him or what you will ay. He was worried about something completely different. "But... I want you to understand one thing and remember it... at least for now. I... I don't want you to have hope that... you and I... will be... a thing. You are still a minor and if we... there are paragraphs for that, (Y/N), and I am the one who must obey the law and enforce others to do it too. Do you understand?"

He looked at you at last, not only with embarrassment but with sadness with a slight hint of irritation. Irritation that he can't do anything with his feelings, that he was slowly starting to fall for someone like you, someone he never should. It frightened him on the other hand. What if he will completely fall in love with you? What if his feelings will become as strong as yours? Will he be able to control himself then?

He turned his head hastily, unable to look at you any longer when your eyes met. The feeling of fear was even more overwhelming when he realized that... even now... he had a problem with self-control. Now that you knew everything, he wanted to come to you and... yes, and. AND? Do what? He shook his head, turning his back on you again and hiding his hands under his armpits as if he was afraid he would lose control and do something to you.

"It's ok, Toshinori-san." You said, wondering why you had such courage. ''I understood. But... I want you to know... that I have never had such hopes. The very fact that you ... return my feelings... makes me happy. That's enough for me... I don't want anything more from you."

He didn't answer, just nodded in a sign that he understood you. You took a deep breath, knowing that now was your time to speak.

''...that's what I would like to say, but... I can't. Of course, I want us to... be a c-couple, of course, I was hoping for it, but... my opinion here doesn't matter much. Eventually, this decision is up to you and whatever you decide, I will respect this choice." You said, nervously rotating your cup of tea around its axis, making the leaves to sink slowly. ''I only hope that when the time comes...''

"I've already told you ... these feelings are not as strong as yours ... but at the moment... I think I would... wait for you." He interrupted you. If you were drinking something now, you would spit it all out on the table. You took a loud breath and asked:

"Until I'm 18?"

''Yeees..."

"Until I finish school?"

''What do you think? It's another condition... " You smiled involuntarily, tightening your fingers on the teacup.

''Even if...?''

"Aaaaah, don't ask me these questions anymore." He interrupted you. "But until you're 18 and until you become a real superhero, you can forget everything I've told you. Is that clear?"

''As day, sensei!'' You said, on purpose addressing him this way. Suddenly you decided it would be fun to tease him a bit. You saw him putting his hand on his forehead, doing, colloquially speaking, a facepalm.

"Your excitement... it scares me... Can you be a little bit serious? I will go to ground if you won't calm down..."

''There is nothing to be ashamed of, sensei. It's natural to feel this way." You barely could hold your laughter. 

''(Y/N)..." He started with resignation, but suddenly he turned to you and added with a playful smirk. ''Well, if you have so much energy, there is only one way to get rid of it. You will go to your room now and change. In 5 minutes I want to see you in front of the house. We will go. For a run." He said slowly, emphasizing his last words. You felt like every hair on your body started to rise. So karma really do exists...

"You said there won't be any physical training, Toshinori-san!" You cried out with fake anger, raising your hands in a defensive gesture.

''But I changed my mind. It is important to keep your body in the best shape. You cannot always rely on your powers, and you are the best example here. Come on, chop chop! You only have four and a half minutes left, after which I will make you do a different, more tiring exercise!" He laughed, changing his form to the larger one, the one which everyone knows as All Might. 

You whined with resignation and, not wanting to waste more time, went to your room, remembering not to tease him about his feelings anymore. Your body will not stand another deadly training...