Decisions

After taking the Spanish placement test yesterday I was tired. After going to all of my classes between today and yesterday has been stressful. College is stressful. I was sitting on my bed reading my psychology book until I got a text.

678-999-8212- Hello Kat this is Mrs Redding, Ellie's mom. If you didn't know, I am coaching the girls softball team and I wanted to meet with you to discuss a couple things as it says that you have not fully committed to the team yet. Please respond ASAP as the team has workouts starting next week. Meet me in my office to talk.

Me- I'll be at your office in 10 minutes.

I put my book down and walked down to the athletic office. I found Mrs, Redding's office fast and walked in.

"How have you been Kat?, I haven't heard Ellie mention you in awhile". "Ellie and I got into an argument about something". "That's too bad, you guys were so close". "As you know, things can change very quickly when you enter college". "Yes I understand".

"So I looked over what the previous coach had offered you and it's bull, she had you pinch running which I think doesn't make sense. You are a fantastic second basemen and hitter". "Thank you, I hadn't fully committed yet because I was concerned about not being caught up or failing classes when we're away playing games. "I understand your concern but I don't think you know this but all of the classes you enrolled in are athlete friendly". "What does that mean?". "It means that everyone in all of your classes participate in a sport here and that your teachers will give you an extension for at least 5 days for late work". "I didn't know that". "Well you know now, so do you wanna sign a commitment form?".

I had to think about if for a second mainly because my future was on the line. Everything I did and didn't do would affect my future and that scared me.

"I think that I'll sign", I smiled. "Great so now you are an official member of Ucla softball which makes you scholarship eligible". "How much would my scholarship be?". "It depends how valuable you are to this team. You are a pretty valuable player so I through the school will offer you 15,000". "Wow that's great". "Be at workout training on Monday at 5 at the training gym". "Will do coach", I said as I walked out of her office.

As I was walking out of the office, Cameron was walking in.

"Hey, what are you doing here?", he asked. "I just committed to play", I smiled. "That's great, I'm happy for you". "Well I wouldn't be playing if it wasn't for your encouraging words". "It wasn't just me, you're a pretty good player". "Thank you friend". "You're welcome friend. I gotta go talk to my coach but I'll see you when I see you". "Bye", I waved.

When I got back to the house everyone was sitting around on their phones. I sat beside Malia as she was texting as she was smiling.

"Ooh, who are you texting", I questioned. "This really cute guy I met yesterday", she smiled. "Oh, already", I laughed. "Yeah he's coming to my meet on Saturday. Hey you should totally come". "Maybe". "Please, I really want you to come. You were the first girl I met here and I really wanna be good friends". "Sure, I'll go to your meet". "Great well I'll give you the ticket", she said as she handed it to me. "You'll be sitting next to the cute guy, don't steal him", she laughed. "I promise", I said crossing my heart.

"I want pizza, who wants pizza?", Destiny asked. "Ooh I do", Scarlett raised her hand. "We should go to that pizza place downtown, I heard that it's the best pizza in California", Jordan said. "We should meet up with the boys in room 225 in Fleance Hall", Scarlett suggested.

I suddenly remembered that was where Cameron lived.

"You guys should go, I can't I have gymnastics training but have fun", Malia said. "Let's go", Jordan said as she grabbed her purse. "I'll call Matt", Kristen said. I followed everyone out and everyone seemed to excited about hanging out with the boys besides me. When we got to the pizza place the boys were already sitting down. I noticed Ellie go right over to Taylor and sat with him. I sat down in between Jack and Christian and I sat across from Cameron and Nash.