It's all good

Kat's pov

Last night was really confusing because I noticed that Bryce was acting weird around Ellie. I don't think he was acting weird because of Ellie but it's definitely suspicious. For some reason Nate seemed to go with the flow that Ellie had going on and it was weird. Bryce seemed embarrassed and I don't know why. As much as I want to ask them all what's going on I know that they'll all just say nothing.

I was walking to my first class as Cameron tapped on my shoulder. He also seemed kinda weird but I just decided to let it go.

"Hey". "Hey, I picked this up for you", he said handing me a brown bag. I looked in it to see my favorite kind of donut. "You remembered?", I asked with sincerity. "Why wouldn't I?, I practically bought  you a donut everyday last year at the end of the school year". "I just thought that since we-. You know what, nevermind", I said quickly changing the subject.

"We might not be romantically involved anymore but we're still friends, right?". "Yeah of course I was just being stupid there for a minute", I said. "It's ok, sometimes I still tell people that I go to Chino Hills high". "Now that's funny. So how are you and Malia?". "Me and Malia?". "Yeah I thought you guys were a thing?". "We're just talking for now despite what she says". "Do you like her?", I said biting my lip.

"Yeah she's a really nice girl but she's-", he was saying as Malia ran up to us. She ran up with two coffees in her hands and out of breath. "Hey guys. Cam this is for you", she said handing him coffee. In my head I was laughing mainly because Cameron hated coffee but I didn't show it. "Thanks", he said holding the S out. "Oh no problem. Sorry Kat I would've brought you some too but I didn't see you this morning". "Oh that's ok, Cameron bought me this", I said holding up the brown bag.

At this point Malia was looking a little disappointed but that isn't my problem. Malia knows that Cameron and I are just friends so she shouldn't be worried. "So Cameron, I was thinking that we could maybe hang out on Wednesday?", Malia asked seeming hopeful. Cameron looked over at me for a second and quickly turned back at Malia before he answered.

"Yeah that sounds good, we could go to your place". "Yeah that sounds great", Malia blushed. "Aw look at you guys, maybe once you start dating you guys could go on a double date with Bryce and I. And speaking of Wednesday it's my birthday". "Yay you're finally gonna be legal", Malia laughed. "How are you gonna be an adult?", Cameron laughed. "You're barely an adult, you just turned it last week", I said back to him.

"Well I gotta get to calculus but I'll catch up with you guys later", Malia said. "Oh and Luna is picking up pizzas for tonight so you don't have to cook", I said. "Ok, I'll see you on Wednesday Cam". "Bye", he said waving her off. She turned back around and kissed his cheek as she left.

"You guys are too cute, I'm really happy for you", I said. "Yeah about that-". "You make Malia extremely happy and she needs that because she's homesick". "Yeah I guess", he sighed.

When we got to class I sat next to Luna on one side and Ellie on the other.

Cameron's pov

"She told Malia that her and I were cute", I said to Taylor as he laughed. "Are you into Malia?". "She's a nice girl and all but she's not my type". "Then what's your type?, Kat?". "I told you, I'm over her". "Ok ok, I'm not gonna argue with you're feelings".

"It sucks because Malia's apparently really into me". "You should try things out with her". "I don't know, things could get bad". "Why, because of Kat?". "Yeah, they're friends". "But you didn't date Kat and plus Malia doesn't even know that you and Kat were a thing". "And she doesn't need to know". "She does need to know the truth about Bryce". "Yeah she does and I'm not gonna be the one to tell her". "Neither am I and you agreed that Nate wouldn't either". "So that leaves Ellie".