You're my everything

Kat's pov

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Kat, happy birthday to you was what I heard being sung as I opened my eyes. I opened my eyes to see my roommates all looking down at me with a plate of cupcakes in Ellie's hands.

"Rise and shine", Jordan said. "Thank you guys", I said giving them each a hug. "You deserve it", Malia said squeezing me tight. "Well I gotta get dressed and ready for class so I'll see you", I said as everyone left.

After getting ready I headed to class and when I got there Cameron already had my donut ready.

"Happy birthday", he said handing me my donut. "Thanks Cam", I said giving him a hug. "So how does it feel to be 18?". "It feels normal, and not much different then 17", I laughed. "That's how I felt last week". "Yeah?". "Yeah and it's kinda disappointing". "Life is disappointing". "Why?". "I always seem to get let down in the worst ways possible". "Just stay strong and keep holding on". "Thanks Cam you know just what to say, I'm sure Malia will like that about you".

"I already do", Malia said sitting down next to Cameron. "That's too cute", I said clapping. "So what time do you wanna meet for our date?", she asked. "Let's do 7:30", he said. "Isn't that late?", she asked. "Not really", he replied.

I looked down at the two of them and she seemed excited while he seemed reserved.

"Have a good time you two". "Oh we will", she said.
-------------------------------------------------------
After a long day of classes I was told by Taylor to go to his dorm. When I got there Ellie, Taylor, and Nate were sitting on the couch as if they were waiting for me.

"What's going on?", I asked. "Kat we need to talk to you about Bryce", Ellie said.

"So Cameron said that at the night of the party Bryce was trying to take advantage of you and he was telling the truth. The truth is that Bryce was the one who kept on giving you drinks and got you drunk. After he got you drunk he started making out with you and he took you to the bedroom. When Cameron noticed that Bryce and you were gone he started looking for you everywhere. "He asked Ellie and I if we had seen you and we didn't. When he couldn't find you he went into everyone's room until he found you and came up with an excuse to get you out. He then brought you home and waited until Luna and I got back home and then we asked him to stay with you. Cameron tried to tell you the truth but you didn't believe him".

"What?", I asked really hurt.

"There's more", Nate said.

"So a couple days later Bryce saw Cameron going up to talk to you and he threatened to beat Cameron up if he told you. Bryce doesn't want you, he wants your body. He's using you to sleep with you. He told me and Cameron that", Nate said.

"I can't believe this".

"Wait one more thing. So I decided to put Bryce to the test by texting him but before I could, he texted me first telling me I looked good in an Instagram post. I decided to "flirt" with him and he flirted back. That night when you and Nate were working on your project, he came for me and not for you. I lied telling him that I didn't know Nate or Cam. Please don't get mad, we did all this just to protect you"? Ellie said.

I could feel myself tearing up. I had been played once again and it hurt. Bryce was all an act and I believed every word he ever told me.

"Thank you guys", I said hugging them in a group hug.

"No problem, if you need anything we're here", Nate said.

"I need to be alone", I said walking out

I was feeling defeated. By far, this was the worst birthday ever. I'm about to dump my boyfriend who basically used me and cheated on me.

Cameron's pov