Breaking it off

Cameron's pov

It was already October 1st and I didn't tell Malia. I looked over at my calendar and saw Kat's birthday was the 22nd which meant that we were sneaking around for a week and a half at this point. We haven't told anyone yet because she was waiting for me to talk to Malia. Kat was starting to get upset with me so I needed to end it. I texted Malia asking her to meet me and she responded immediately.

When she arrived at my dorm I became super anxious. As perfect as she was, she was too perfect for someone like me.

"Hi", she said pulling me in for a hug. "Hey Malia we need to talk". "I need to talk to you too. We've been hanging out and you're a really great guy. I really want a guy like you so here it is, Im into you", she said reaching for my hand

"You are?", I asked not surprised but a little upset for everything I was about to put her through . "Yeah and I was wondering if you and I could maybe take it to the next level", she said sounding hopeful.

Let her down easy Cam was all that ran through my head. Her eyes were lit up and they couldn't help but look into mine.

"Malia your a really amazing girl and all but I'm into someone else" I blurted out by accident.

"What?" she asked as her eyelashes fluttered up and down.

"I'm really sorry, Please don't take it the wrong way. We can still be friends".

"It's okay Cam I get it" she said sounding upset.

"I'm really sorry, I just feel like we were meant to be friends and only friends"

"Did I do anything wrong?"

"No, I promise that you didn't. I just have someone else on my mind and I felt like I needed to let you know before you caught feelings and I'm really sorry that you did"

"It's okay, you can't control how I feel only I can do that"

"I'm really sorry it had to end this way" I said not knowing whether she was gonna cry or slap me. "Me too, but you have my number, text me if you need anything" "Same goes for you" "bye Cam" she said placing a soft kiss on my cheek and walking out of the room.

I know that I did the right thing, but I feel bad for hurting her and making her fall for me. My gut told me that she wasn't the right one for me.

"Dude what just happened? I just saw Malia crying outside " Nash asked walking into the dorm coming from class. "I broke things off with her" "Cam are you serious?" Yeah, Nash she just wasn't right for me" "Yeah she was, wasn't she everything that you've every wanted in a girl?" "Yeah but it was almost like she was too good for me" "She was good for you, but whatever it's your loss" "it's not a loss, trust me on that one" I said winking as I went into my room.

Kat's pov
I knocked on the guys dorm when Nash opened the door. "Hi Nash" "What's up Kat?" "nothing is Cam here?" "Actually no" "where is he?" "I have no idea, but you can't wait for him here if you want" "okay" I said sitting down.

"So did you hear about Cam and Malia?" "No what happened" "I'm surprised you didn't hear since she's your roommate" "well I went to get my nails done with Ellie and Luna so we haven't been at the dorm all day" "Well Cam had something great going on with her and he just broke it off". When he said this I had a sense of relief, we could finally be happy together after everything we've been through.

"Oh wow" "yeah and I had great expectations with them being together, so now he's just gonna be in a depressed mood again" "why do you think that?" "Well it seemed like Malia was his source of happiness" "Do you consider that it could've been something or someone else?" "Nah after you guys broke off what you had he became very closed off and then he changed when he met Malia"