Case closed

Kat's pov
I woke up with a huge headache and I didn't feel too good. I got up to look at myself in the mirror but on my way I tripped over something. "Shit sorry", I said to a sleeping Cameron who was now not asleep.

"How are you feeling?", he asked getting up. "Not too good". "I'll get you water and a bowl just in case you feel like puking just stay in bed".

When he came back with a bowl and water I just layed back with a bad headache.

"Thanks, What happened last night?", I asked holding my head. "You got wasted". "No shit, but how?". "It was Bryan". "For the last time his name is Bryce and what do you mean by it was all him?"."Him and his obnoxious friends were encouraging to you drink a lot" "no way" "Kat you don't remember but I do". "I don't believe you, he wouldn't do that to me". "You've only known him for like 3 days". "And in the 3 days I've known him I gained a lot of trust in him".

"How?". "Because he's "sweet and carng". "You forgot an asshole". "Cam I can't  believe you". "Why, I've never given you a reason not to". "You're just trying to take advantage of the fact that you did a "heroic" thing by taking me home." "Kat he tried to have sex with you while you were wasted" I think you need to move on because it seems like you want me". "I told you I don't want you". "Says the guy who tried to kiss me last night". "Don't deny that you didn't want to kiss me back because you leaned in too". "I clearly wasn't thinking straight". "You clearly aren't thinking straight now either", he said in a frustrated tone.

"Call me when you aren't being lied to by that asshole", he said as he was walking out. As he was walking out, Ellie was walking in. "Cam, where are you going I was just about to tell her", she said until Cameron put his hand up for her to stop and he walked out.

Out of anger I decided to text Bryce and rant to him about what Cameron had said. Bryce told me that Cameron was lying which I had suspected. I decided that I was tired of being hungover so I decided to go out with Bryce for lunch.

Cameron's pov
Whenever I try to be a good and honest person I always turn out to be the "bad guy". All she cares about is Bryan or whatever his name is. She doesn't believe a word I say because she thinks that I'm still into her. Yeah I'm still into her but I can't show it but I did last night and now she hates me for it. I have no idea what this kid is doing for Kat but what I do know is that she's gonna be heartbroken when he's done with her .

I was walking back to my dorm when I saw Malia walking alone. "Hey", I said catching up to her. "Hi", she said blushing. "So how did you like the party?". "It was fun but I didn't drink". "Why?". "Because I'm not 21". "No one follows that rule anymore". "I do. Hey since we're here and it's lunch time, do you wanna go get lunch with me?". "Why not", I shrugged.

When we got into the restaurant I started to look around at everyone. While I was looking, my eyes landed on Kat and the asshole. She looked me right back in the eye and I looked the other way. The waiter sat us right beside Kat and the asshole which sucked.

"Hey Kat, hey Bryce", Malia said waving at her. "You know her?", I whispered to Malia. "Yeah she's one of my roommates". "Oh hey Malia", Kat said with one of her fake smiles.

"Cameron right?", the asshole asked. "Yeah, right", I said rolling my eyes. "Are you guys on a date?", Malia asked Kat. "Yeah we are, are you guys?", Kat said looking at me with big eyes. "No, we're just hanging out", I said before Malia could answer. "Oh", Kat said nodding.

"Why don't we combine our tables?", Malia asked. "Great idea", the asshole said as he pushed our tables together. I was now sitting next to Kat as our "dates" sat across from us. I looked under the table to see Kat crossing her arms in anger. If she wasn't gonna save herself from this asshole, I was.

"So Bryce, when's your first away game?", I asked. "Tomorrow and it sucks because I'll be away from this one", he said kissing Kat's cheek. "I'll be cheering for you in spirit", she said.

Kat's pov
This date could not get more awkward. "Well I gotta team bus to catch", Bryce said getting up. "So you're leaving me?", I asked. "Yeah but I'll be back next week", he said as he kissed my cheek. I was then left with Malia and Cameron while they were on their "date".

"Sorry if I'm third wheeling", I said rolling my eyes. "You're not, it was more like Bryan was 4th wheeling", Cameron said annoyed. "Oh no, I'm gonna be late to class", Malia said getting up. "Don't go Malia please", I begged her so I didn't have to stay.

"I really have to, I'll see you after class", she said leaving Cameron and I alone at the table.

"I'm leaving", I said getting up. "So am I", he said getting up. "So what are you doing, stalking me?". "I'm not stalking you, Malia was hungry and she asked if I wanted to come here with her". "Oh so now Malia's your rebound?". "It's not like that Kat and you know it".

"Why were you with her anyway?". "Why do you care, we aren't together and you don't want to be so".   "I don't care and besides, I said you could see other people just like I'm doing". "I really hope someone tells you what he did last night". "No ones gonna lie to me about it except you mainly because you're the only one who cares". "Oh yeah just ask Taylor, or Ellie". "They don't care about me and it's clear".

"They do really care about you, they were being dicks because they were mad at us for what we did". "We're not together anymore so they shouldn't be holding grudges". "They aren't, they care about you, Ellie cares and is tired of fighting". "Until she says it, I don't believe it".

"Fine then believe this. I care about you", he said as he sighed. "I care about you too but as my friend. Stop trying to want me to be with you because I don't wanna be with you". "You don't wanna be with Bruce either". "Oh and why is that?, because he's not you?". "This has nothing to do with me and you, this has to do with the fact that you're being taken advantage of. Bryan doesn't like you, he "likes" every other girl on this campus". "Oh Cam stop being so stereotypical. Just because he's the star quarterback of the football team, he's cute, and he's popular with everyone doesn't mean he wants to get into my pants and then dump me". "Right but you thought the same thing about Jack" he said and then I got up and just left him.

I needed to clear my head because even though I trusted Cameron in the past but he could be telling lies just so I can't be with Bryce. I know that Cameron always wants to protect me but he doesn't always have to be in my business.

When I walked back into my dorm Ellie and Taylor were standing in the doorway of our room. "Excuse me" I said trying to get in my room. "Kat we need to talk" Ellie said letting me into the room. "What's up?"

"I'm sorry for being a complete jerk to you all summer. I was so upset at the fact that Cam liked you better than me. I just lost it when I found out when you were sneaking around behind my back for over 3 months when I was trying to sleep with him." "Don't apologize, I took full responsibility for our actions because what we did was completely wrong, case closed"

"Case not closed, if you really wanna be with Cam go for it, I would support you guys being together" "me too" Taylor said. "I really don't wanna be with Cam. I still feel guilty for all of those nights where you cried and complained that Cameron wasn't with you because he was with me. I feel horrible because Cam and I lied to you at your party and we ended up staying in a room and staying together that night. I will never forgive myself for that night. And trust me all we did was talk that night"

"Well I forgive you, that's what should matter" "Of course it matters but I was a horrible friend, I don't even know why you're forgiving me" "because I wanna be friends again. I miss being Ellie and Kat the best friends, I hate being Ellie and Kat the backstabbers" "well I wanna be friends again, I just don't wanna be with Cam, I'm seeing someone else"

"Brock?" "Bryce and yeah" "Kat please be careful around him" "why?" "Did you not hear what happened last night" "Is it what Cam told me?" "Yeah" "Well I don't believe it" "seriously?" Taylor asked. "Nope, Bryce is too nice for that" "and your gonna believe a boy you just met?" "Well I can't believe the guy who still wants me" "Kat we need to talk about this" "no we don't, I'm with Bryce not Cam and that's it" I said.