I'm sorry

I looked up at the ceiling as my eyes fluttered open. Right off the bat I started to feel nervous and I didn't know why.

Maybe it's because I was scared that Cameron did end up going to meet Bryce last night. Although this thought in my head wasn't confirmed, I had a bad feeling.

I sighed as I lifted my head off of my pillow.

Everything was starting to seem ok for me but I had a feeling it wouldn't last. It wasn't gonna always be a "honeymoon" for Cameron and I, we needed to face the harsh reality and I felt it coming.

I dragged myself to the kitchen seeing every girl in the dorm eating breakfast. They were in the same formation they sat in everyday. It was Jordan, Ellie, Me, and Luna on one side while Destiny, Kristen, Scarlett, and Malia sat on the other.

"Good morning", they all said in perfect unison as it had been "rehearsed".

"Morning", I responded as I got on my toes to reach the cereal that was on top of the fridge.

I grabbed the bowl that was sitting on top of the table where my seat was. I slowly poured in the cereal and I could feel everyone staring at me as I did it.

Everyone was much too tired to talk or even think for that matter. I sat in silence looking down at my cereal as I picked up every spoonful.

"Are you ok?", Luna tapped on me as she whispered.

I nodded yes as I looked back down at my bowl. I didn't feel upset or mad, I just had a bad feeling in my stomach.

After finishing my food I took a shower, did my hair,  put on light makeup, and got dressed.

I felt relieved when I had finished my morning routine mostly because it meant that it was time to go to class.

I didn't like class but it was better then sitting in a dorm where all the girls did was talk about guys and clothes. Yeah I like guys and clothes but after awhile it gets tiring hearing about the same guys and talking about the same trends over and over.

After class when I went into my room a brown bag was placed in my face.

I looked over to see Cameron with a pair of sunglasses placed over his eyes.

I already knew what was under the glasses without looking. He went and let Bryce get him.

"Why?", I asked.

I looked over to see Cameron playing with his fingers trying to think of a legit answer.

"I did it for you", he looked down.

"I don't need you to fight my battles for me".

"Kat I don't think you realize that he's trying to make your life hell. He wants you back, and he's gonna make sure he gets you back".

"Did you do anything that you're regretting?", I questioned looking him up and down for any other injuries he might've sustained.

"No. I didn't fight him back".

I reached over to his eyes and slowly removed the sunglasses. His left eye was black and blue and swollen.

"Did you ice it?".

He nodded at me as he put the glasses back on.

"Are you ok?", I asked. "Yeah he can punch me all he wants but that doesn't change the way I feel about you. He thinks that you want him, is that true?".

"What so now you don't trust me?", I asked.

"I totally trust you Kat, but Bryce can't be trusted".

"If you trusted me you wouldn't be so worried that I would leave you for him. You wouldn't even have to think twice about me doing something like that".

"What about you, huh? You're always so worried that I'm out with Malia and that we're having a great time".

"That's because you guys kissed".

"So did you and Bryce", he said getting angrier.

"He was my boyfriend, Malia isn't your girlfriend".

"Neither are you", he defensively said.

"Well I'm really happy that I'm not your girlfriend", I crossed my arms.

Lying to myself was the only way that I could lie. I wanted to be his girlfriend, but something always has to ruin it.

"Kat I'm sorry that's not what I meant. I want you to be my girlfriend but it's not that simple. Malia means nothing to me and I don't think you know that".

"Tell me the truth. When she kissed you did you kiss her back?".

"Yeah I kissed her back. I thought that I could feel the way I feel with you, with her but I can't.  She's not you".

"It's really hard to imagine you with someone else. I don't think I could live with seeing you love someone else", I admitted.

"How do you think I felt when you and Bryce started dating. Losing you was the worst feeling I've ever felt and you just made it 10 times worse. Malia is a great girl but she can't make me be with her".

"I'm sorry for everything I've ever done that hurt you. It's just that I was so caught up in how I felt that I forgot about you. Whether we decided to date or not it doesn't change a thing
between us. Boyfriend and girlfriend are just titles, it doesn't change the way we feel".

"I'm sorry too, I was stupid for even thinking you wanted Bryce back but I was even more stupid for kissing Malia back".

"It's ok, all I did was play hard to get so that's what I got. She's pretty and nice so I don't blame you".

"Hey, don't be so insecure about yourself. You're perfect just the way you are", he said rubbing his hands up and down my arms.

"We aren't the same people we were in high school. We aren't even the same kids that snuck around last year. Our relationship is totally different now. We're facing new people, a new us, and a new relationship".

"Yeah it's weird. I remember our first kiss perfectly".

I continued to stare into his brown eyes and he all of a sudden leaned into kiss me and my head was telling me not to lean in but my heart told me to lean in too so I leaned in and he connected our lips together. After one kiss we both pulled away.

After pulling away for about 5 seconds he reconnected our lips and I kissed him back again. All of a sudden I felt fireworks going off inside me as he deepened the kiss.

That memory would never leave my head for as long as I live. Just seeing Cameron look at me was something I treasure.

"That night was crazy, you called me by my actual name for the first time that night instead of calling me kitty", I laughed.

"Yeah and you hated me for kissing you". "I hated you in general". "Yeah that's true".

"Kat in gonna talk to Malia tonight about it. I'll just let her down easy so she's out of the way.

"K, I just think we need to start telling people about us because we don't need to repeat last year".

"I was thinking the same thing, I promise I'll make things right".

"Don't make a promise that you can't keep".

"I won't", he assured me as he kissed my head.

Soon after he left me I decided to work on homework. It was gonna be a long couple of days for me and it was already tiring.