Spaghetti and Meatballs

2 weeks later
Game day

"Let's go wildcats.", everyone chanted from the Arizona side. I hated being the away team just because we didn't get as much support.

I looked into the crowd to see my family and Cameron sitting next to each other. I love how close Cameron and my family are. I waved at them as I made my way to second base.

********************************************
After our devastating season ending loss I met up with my parents.

"You played amazing sweetie.", my dad said giving me a high five.

"Eh you played ok.", Dakota said.

"Thanks guys. Well I guess it's time to finally go home for the summer."

"Not so fast.", my mom said taking a suitcase out of her car.

"Where are we going?", I asked.

"You mean where you and Cameron are going."

"What?", I asked. I turned around to see Cameron with a rose in his hand.

"Are you ready for Italy?", he asked.

"Wait you were serious about that?", I asked finding it hard to catch my breath.

"Yeah. 3 days. I know it's fast but I'm paying for the whole thing so I didn't want to waste all of my money."

"You're the best.", I said giving him a big hug.

"Well the plane leaves in about an hour and a half so you guys should head to the airport.", my mom suggested.

"Yeah. Thank you guys for coming.", I said giving them a hug.

"Yup. Have a great time sweetie", my dad said as my family walked away.

"Let's go get some pasta.", Cameron joked as he grabbed onto my hand.

15 hours later

"We're here", I said plopping myself on the bed.

Cameron laid beside me as we were both jet lagged.

"It's 3:00 am here so why don't we try to get some sleep. Tomorrow I want to visit my family and then you and I can go sight seeing."

"That sounds good."

The next day

"Ugh what time is it?", I asked as Cameron was up and full of energy.

"It's 9. We're going to my grandmothers for brunch. Brunch starts in an hour so wake up.", he said.

I sat up slowly and got up. I decided to slide a white sundress on with some black wedges. I was already feeling exhausted just as the day was starting.

"You ready?", Cameron asked an hour later.

"Yeah.", I said feeling a little nervous.

"Don't be nervous. My family is great and they know how much I love you. They'll love you too.", he assured me.

We walked about a block up until we finally got to his grandmothers house. I felt my nerves go down when we arrived. When we walked in it was packed.

"Cameron.", his grandmother exclaimed in an Italian accent.

"Ciao.", Cameron said as he greeted his family.

Suddenly a rush of his cousins ran up to him giving him a hug.

"Who's this?", a little girl asked Cameron.

"This is my girlfriend Kat. Kat meet my cousin Valentina. She's 7 years old.", Cameron explained.