I just want to talk

"Let's get this win girls.", my coach said as we ran onto the field. We needed this win mainly because this was the if we win this then we go the playoffs to get into the women's college softball World Series.

I jogged over to second base as the first basemen was throwing me some warm ups. As soon as the game started I took a deep breath. Unluckily for us we were the away team which means we don't get last ups. If we have the lead and the other team scores higher then us in the last inning it's considered a walk off and I hate when other teams get walkoffs.
********************************************
After the game
"I'm so happy that we get to keep playing.", Ellie said out of breath.

"Me too. That was close."

The end score was 1-0 but near the end the other team had a runner on third with no outs. They would've probably tied if their last 3 batters didn't strike out.

"We should celebrate.", Ellie exclaimed.

"You did enough of that last night at that party. You're just lucky that you didn't get a hangover from all the drinking you did."

"Yeah I'm also lucky that my mother didn't catch me. She would've kicked me off of the team and I'm not even kidding . We made an agreement before the season and drinking was on the list of things that she could kick me off for."

"You probably shouldn't risk that again.", I suggested.

"What's the point of having fun when you can't take risks? Risks are like a do or die thing and that's how I like to live and if my mom doesn't like that well too bad."

"You're always looking for a risk, aren't you?".

"Yup. Last night I risked being hungover and what happened. I didn't get a hangover and we won. See if you play your cards right, you'll be all good."

"Yeah you and I are nothing alike. I hate doing things that could possibly get me into trouble."

"Trouble's my middle name.", Ellie said crossing her arms trying to act badass.

"No it's not, Ellie Marie.", her mother said passing by us.

"Yeah Ellie Marie.", I laughed as I turned around.

"So did kitty Kat get fucked up last night? You seemed to have disappeared from the party.", she asked.

"No I did not get fucked up. I was just tired so Cameron and I decided to leave early."

"Why don't I believe that?", Ellie asked.

"I don't know but I'm telling the truth."

"I'm watching you Jacob.", she said giving me hawk eyes as she walked away.

I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and decided to call Cameron assuming that his game was over. After a few rings he finally picked up the phone.

"Hey, how'd your game go?", I asked.

"Our season is finally over and I'm relived. What about you?"

"We won. It's exciting but tiring at the same time".

"Yeah I can tell. So when's your next game?"

"Tomorrow and it's at home so I'll be back by tonight."

"What time? I could pick up some dinner and we could watch a flick at my place."

"I should be back by six so that all sounds great. What kind of food though?"

"Italian. I was thinking Olive Garden."

"Sounds great. Don't forget the breadsticks or salad."

"I wouldn't. I'll see you tonight."