What if?

"Get ready girls, we have 3 busy days ahead of us.", our coach said as we got onto the bus.

When I got onto the bus I found a seat in the middle and sat down. I placed my equipment under my seat as Ellie sat beside me.

"How was the party last night?", I asked as Ellie sighed.

"Boring since you didn't go but I did hang out with Taylor but he was too busy getting drunk. But how about you, how was your night?".

"Well I hung out with Christian and Nate for about an hour until they ditched me to go to the party. But on the bright side I finished my history paper so I was good with that?".

"I heard that Cameron said you could go, why didn't you?", she asked with a confused look.

I didn't want to tell her about his "fangirls" bothering me. I don't want it to make it about me or make it seem like I'm the victim asking for help. I don't want attention.

"I just wanted to get that history paper out of the way, that's all. It was bothering me and I didn't want to leave it to the last minute."

"How are we friends again? We are totally different. That paper isn't getting done until the day before it's due".

"Good luck with that.", I laughed.

"So did Cameron call last night?".

"Yeah but we talked for a brief amount of time. He had to get rest for his game today."

"Makes sense. Are you gonna watch his game on tv?".

"Yeah I probably should but then again it's gonna drain my battery.", I shrugged.

"Wow Kat."

"What? I need to listen to something on the way to Auburn and I need my phone".

I sat back in the seat and put my ear phones on. I ignored what everyone else was doing and decided to close my eyes.

When I opened my eyes, Ellie was tapping on me to get up.

"Yes?", I asked.

"We're here! I'm so excited".

"I was asleep for that long?"

"Yup. Now let's get off of this bus and explore Arizona".

"We can't, we have batting practice at 7.", I said as I looked at my phone to see 2.

"Cmon it'll be fun. We can go eat somewhere and we can watch Cameron's game.", she said trying to lure me in.

"Fine", I gave in.

When we finally got to a restaurant I looked up at the tv and ESPN was on. I noticed the game starting so I started to focus on that. I saw the camera randomly focusing on Cameron and it said some facts about him that I never knew.

Cameron Dallas facts and stats:
•#2 overall in high school recruits
•Turned down offers from Florida State, LSU, and San Diego state.
•Also plays right field, 3rd base, and pitches.

"Damn I didn't know that Cameron was that good.", Ellie said.

"Me neither, I didn't even think he ranked in overall high school recruits."

"What are you gonna do if he goes for the draft this year. He's good enough to make it in for the first or second round."

"Draft? Don't you usually enter that when you're a senior so you can get recruited by a team."

"No, you can do it anytime during college, you can also do it right out of high school."

"Oh. He hasn't exactly brought that up to me yet."

"Oh sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned it. I should've waited for him to tell you".

"Don't worry about it, lets see how good he is at communicating. We have a deal where we have no secrets so I'm waiting for this one to come out anytime soon."

"Don't pressure him into anything, he'll hate that."

"What if he wants to go? I mean honestly he's one of the reasons that I'm here right now on this team. If he leaves I feel like I'd be here because I "have" to".

"Just talk to him about it. I know it can seem scary now but trust me, it'll be better then what you imagine."

"I doubt he's gonna enter the draft anyway. I'm stressing for nothing."

"Yeah hopefully."

We continued watching the game until it finally ended after 2 hours. The boys ended up winning 2 to 0 so it ended up good. Cameron went 3 for 4 with 2 singles, a homerun and a walk.

As I watched the game, I continued to think about what Ellie said about the draft. What if he wanted to leave me for his career? The thoughts lingered in my mind but I had to act natural.

"Are you nervous for the game tomorrow?", Ellie asked.

"Kinda. It'll be our first time playing on national tv and we play a top ten team so the pressures on".

"I'm catching tomorrow and I'm not nervous at all. I can't wait to show America my catching skills, especially when I throw down when someone's trying to steal".

"You are really good at that".

"And you're good at second base. Don't stress out, you're gonna do fine just don't pay attention to the fans and camera that much".

"I'll try not to. I just don't want to embarrass myself infront of the whole world".

"Trust me, you won't. Just think positive.", Ellie reassured me.
********************************************
"Lights out", Mrs. Redding said as she turned off the lights.

"He hasn't called.", I sighed.

"Maybe he's just tired from his game. I'm sure it was an accident."

"Yeah, maybe I'm overthinking this. I'm just gonna go to sleep now.", I said laying my head down.

I couldn't help but thinking that he wasn't asleep. For all I know, he could be in bed with some girl or at some party getting drunk. Everyone tells me not to worry but Cameron cheated on Ellie and that doesn't mean that he won't cheat on me too.

"Kat stop thinking about it, it'll only get stuck in your head", Ellie said knowing exactly what I was thinking.

"I know, I know. How do you deal with Taylor when you're away from him?".

"I don't. I just trust him to do the right thing and if he chooses to destroy my trust then that's his problem".

"How can you be so calm about this?".

"You can't let it take over you. Just believe that Cameron will do the right thing".

I've always believed that Cameron would do the right thing and he always has but everyone makes mistakes. What if I'm his mistake?