Goodbye for now

"Cmon Kat all we need is a single", my coach explained as she gave me a signal to hit away. I nodded and turned back into the box as I was getting ready for the next pitch.

The game was tied at 1 a piece and we were down to our last out. The bases were loaded and it was time for me to step up to the plate and do what I was meant to do.

"Ball", the umpire said as the ball flew by me.

I took a deep breath and loaded into my stance again.

"Strike", he yelled putting his hand up.

"Let's go Kat", my coach yelled clapping her hands.

"Strike".

I loaded once more and when the ball was pitched it came up high and went past the catcher. The runner from 3rd base quickly ran as I moved out of the way for her to slide.

"Safe", the umpire yelled as the team and crowd  started celebrating.

"Good eye Kat", the coach said patting me on the back as everyone else yelled.
********************************************
"You were pretty impressive miss 3 for 3", Cameron said kissing my cheek.

"You came", I said running into his arms.

"I made up an excuse to get out of practice to watch you".

"You're so sweet".

"And you were so good".

"Eh I was okay. But I guess that double did help us score one of our runs", I shrugged.

"I'm gonna miss you so much when I leave", he said sounding not as upset as I was.

"Me too. But like you said, you'll call me every night and it'll be fine. We both know that we can make this work.", I said trying to sound convincing.

"Yeah but-".

"Sweetie you did amazing", my mom said coming up to me and interrupting.

"Thanks Mom and Dakota for coming up to watch me", I gave them a group hug.

"You came in clutch with that double though.", Dakota said high fiving me.

"Thanks."

"Well we're gonna get going since it's getting late. Cameron take care.", she said patting his back as her and Dakota left.

"Call me when you get home.", I yelled at her.

"So what was that you were saying?", I asked bring my attention back to Cameron.

"Never mind, it wasn't important.", he said trying to brush whatever it was off. "I'm starving, how about you go to your dorm and freshen up while I make us some dinner?", he suggested.

"That sounds great. Give me an hour".

"Take all the time you need", he said placing a kiss on my forehead. 

When I walked into my dorm I saw Luna and Isaiah cuddling on the couch watching some movie.

"Hiya love birds", I said passing by.

"Yo Kat what's up? I heard you played some ball today.", Isaiah nodded.

"Yup I guess you could say I'm a baller", I joked. I saw Luna's reaction to when I said that and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Luna thinks I'm a baller too", I laughed.

"Yeah Kat, you are a baller. Ball is life", she laughed as she joked around with me.