Chapter 2

I rolled over to my side, trying my best to put myself to sleep. I needed to have enough rest for tomorrow. There was another reason why I didn't give time for Luke to adjust. If I told him a week ago, he'd try to be romantic and take me out and spend more time with me. Which would only make it worse. Which would only make it harder for me to say goodbye. This was easier. In this way, he won't have time to convince me to cancel my flight. This was for the best.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a slight thud from the window. I rolled my eyes. "Typical," I thought, knowing it was probably Luke throwing rocks at my window again. He always did this when we were young, so he could sneak in my room. I stood up to turn on my lamp. I made my way over to the window and slid it open, letting the cool air hit my face with such force. I looked down to see Luke holding rocks between his hands.

"I need to sleep, Romeo." I called out.

He rolled his eyes and started climbing my window.

"You know, you could've just texted me and told me to open the door for you." I told him once he was all the way in.

"Nah, I'd like to keep it romantic."

I rolled my eyes at his remark.

"Why are you here? I thought you were heading home to think things through."

He grinned, "I changed my mind. I rather be here with you."

I sighed. "You're making this harder than it already is."

His smile faded but he kept his composure as he walked over to me.

"I don't hate you," he whispered as he engulfed me in a warm embrace.

"I don't hate you too."

I was too occupied with my thoughts to realize he came here with a bag.

"What's that?" I asked, pulling away from him.

"Oh," he said before discarding his bag on the floor. He ignored my question and knelt down beside it, taking out its contents. Before I could distinguish the things laid out on the floor he spoke up,

"Let's eat."

We ate in my bed and watched movies, laying in each other's arms all night long. Suddenly my plan of avoiding him changing my mind at all costs didn't work. Unfortunately, he found time to make me rethink my decisions in just a few hours. In just one stupid night.

"Let's take a picture," he grinned at me.

"What for?" I asked, confused at his request.

"Well we always take pictures together during the most important events in our friendship," he explained.

I shrugged and he took out his old worn out Nokia from his pocket, facing the camera to us.

"Say cheese," he smiled. We took pictures throughout the whole night, posing in funny positions until both of us grew tired.

He sat up when I felt myself dozing off to sleep. "Shithead?"

"Yes?" I yawned.

"What are we exactly?"

I looked at him for a moment, "We're best friends." I pushed away his fringe from his eyes.

He pursed his lips together tightly and furrowed his eyebrows. "You know we're more than that."

"I know," I said lightly.

"You like me and I like you. Why aren't you my girlfriend?"

I laughed a bit, "My mom will kill you."

He laughed along with me. "When you're finally 18 and you finally move out from your parents' house, Will you finally agree to be my girlfriend?"

I nodded and we fell into silence again.

"Shithead?" He sat up.

"Yes, fuckface?" I asked, sitting up as well. I looked at him and I felt the need in his eyes, the longing, the tiredness in one look. He didn't answer. All he did was lean in. Slowly. I felt my face heating up and I can't help but stare at his baby blue eyes. His eyes flickered from my eyes to my lips and my breathing became ragged. He was getting closer.

Closer.

Closer.

This will be harder for you.

He's trying to change your mind.

This kiss will give you something to think about when you leave.

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

And with that I pulled away, breaking down into tears. "I'm so sorry." I cried.

I felt myself being pulled into someone's chest. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that," he whispered.

"I'm the one who should be sorry," I sobbed.

"You have nothing to be sorry of."

I couldn't stop the tears from flowing so he decided to sing to me for the second time of the night.

"I'll still drown in your love and drink till I'm drunk. After all that I've done, is it ever enough?" he sang, a thing he always did whenever I get upset. That always seemed to calm me down in some way.

This will be the last time I would be able to feel his body against mine, the last time I'd be able to inhale his scent, the last time he'd be able to hold me like this.

We stayed all night like that. Just me crying and him whispering soothing words as I gripped his chest tightly. I took in his scent, being engulfed in this warm embrace. I let myself not worry for just one night, letting myself doze off into sleep in his arms.

In Luke's arms.

a/n

okay this is a short chapter and our probs confused but yeah stay tuned

u might be curious every time they say 'i dont hate u' just keep reading and you will know why anyway comment vote and idk

-Athena