Chapter 27

"Ashton," I groaned, "Where are you taking me?" I was growing pissed now since I looked silly in this dress he bought me.

"It's a secret," He laughed. Ashton decided to take me on a date without telling me where we were headed. I assumed it would be either a restaurant or a club since we were practically dressed for it. Ashton was dressed in a long sleeved shirt and skinny jeans while I was wearing a tight, black dress.

After hours of driving, we stopped outside a fancy bar.

"What is this?" I raised an eyebrow.

He ignored my question and looked at the rearview mirror, "How do I look?" He asked as he fixed his collar.

"Horrible," I rolled my eyes. He laughed it off and kissed me on my cheek before leading us inside. Ashton seated us on a table near the stage where sessionists and sometimes bands entertained the customers by playing music.

We spent the whole night just talking and eating like we would normally do. Ashton was in the middle of telling a story about his dog when three guys wearing decent clothes came up to us. I looked up and saw Michael and Calum grinning down at us. Luke however, had his eyes glued on his phone.

"Why are you here?" I asked them and Michael just shrugged.

"Why are they here?" I asked, directing the question to Ashton.

"You'll see," Ashton smiled, standing up and heading for the stage. Calum and Luke picked up a guitar and Michael sat on one of those boxes Ashton usually used when they did acoustic covers.

"Okay," Ashton said into the mic, "We're 5 Seconds if Summer."

The people in the bar cheered and Ashton sent them his million dollar smile before continuing, "So this song is dedicated to that special girl over there." He pointed at me and suddenly, all eyes were glued on me. There were hoots and awes around us as they started to cheer. My cheeks heated up and Luke started strumming his guitar.

"So this song is called 'Disconnected' which was actually written by Luke," he pointed at the blonde kid and the crowd chuckled, "But the song reminded me of this beautiful girl in front of me tonight so I wanted to sing this for her. So we would do it differently tonight and surprisingly, I am going to sing."

The whole crowd cheered and my eyes scanned the four boys on the stage, landing on the blonde boy at the back. He wasn't smiling like the other three. His head was looking down at his guitar and his expression was almost emotionless. His eyes flickered up to mine and I could tell there was something not right about him tonight. Something was definitely bothering him. Luke started singing out the first verse.

"Life's a tangled web

Of cell phone calls and hashtag I-don't-knows

And you you're so caught up

In all the blinking lights and dial tones

I admit I'm a bit of a victim in the worldwide system too

But I've found my sweet escape when I'm alone with you,"

And then I remembered the night we had a few days ago.

He sighed, "I just..I dont know. I'm always looked at as the Luke Hemmings from 5sos and you kinda get me away from all of that. It's like you're my sweet escape."

"Tune out the static sound of the city that never sleeps

Here in the moment on the dark side of the screen,"

"Don't worry," I smiled, "I feel the same way. I just want it exactly that way.When you're with me, I want to you to forget everything. I want you to tune out everything."

"I like the summer rain,"

"I don't care!" He screamed, "I like the summer rain!"

"I like the sounds you make

We put the world away

We get so disconnected," He kept his eyes locked with mine.

"You are my getaway,"

"This is good," I smiled, "We're both each other's getaway."

"You are my favorite place

We put the world away

Yeah we're so disconnected," He sings.

Then Ashton starts singing, looking at me with a goofy smile on his face.

"Hands around my waist," Ashton sang but all I could think of was how me and Luke danced in the rain with my hands around his waist.

The whole time Ashton sang, all I could think of was Luke and how he wrote this song. Was it really about me? Does he like me? I mean fuck it's pretty fucking obvious but I don't want to be one those people who assumes things even though it's not really what they thought it would be.

When Ashton ended the song, he looked at me. "Brooklyn, I'm sorry and," his eyes softened, "I love you."

And then in an instant I forgot all thoughts about Luke, replaced by Ashton. He finally said he loved me. After all these years of being a fan and after these few months he's been with me, I finally heard the three simple words that I wanted him to say to me the moment I met him.

So I don't know why I can't say it back.

Instead, I just smile and nodded. I ran up to the stage to hug him. He pulled me tight to his chest but that's when I saw Luke staring back coldly at us.

Especially me.

a/n

holy shit my heart's aching I s2g like no that was Luke's song u fucker ashton

and aye o bitches the reason why I update like every 2 or 3 days is bc I don't have a life lol and the fact that it's vacation so I don't have anything to do

anywhooo now u know why I had to insert a disconnected moment in the previous chap fuckers I think I literally got 20 comments all saying "DISCONNECTED" and some are lyrics of the song and oH GOD THJS AUTHOR'S NOTE IS TOO LONG

btw can u guys like comment which country ur from tysm ily

and thanks for 15.5k and pls comment and vote and share ayeee

-swagthena