Chapter 4

My eyes flew open and I looked around, not knowing where I was. I gasped loudly as I looked around, feeling scared. I was in a white room with blinding white light.

"Help!" I screamed, my eyes wide with fear. "Help!"

As if on cue, the plain white door swung open, revealing a very frazzled middle- aged woman. She had dark brown hair cascading down her back. She's beautiful, I must say. But seeing her didn't ease me down.

"Where am I?" I exclaimed, pushing myself to sit up. I ignored the sharp pain all over my head and back, and continued to move until I was finally in a comfortable position.

"Why am I here?" I tried my best to keep my voice steady, "Help me!"

"Honey, calm down." The woman came closer and put a hand on my knee. My body tensed up and swatted her hand away from me. "Honey, I'm your mom." By this time her eyes started to tear up.

If she was my mom, why couldn't I recognize her?

"I don't know you!" I shook my head violently and covered my ears between my hands.

I don't know her. I don't recognize a single fiber in her hair. Fear was starting to creep up on me because I didn't have any idea who she was or where I was. But mostly, I was scared because I didn't know...who I was.

"Who am I? Why am I here?" I asked, desperately.

"Oh honey," the woman looked at me with so much live and sadness before reaching out to hug me. I didn't know how to respond, seeing her as a complete stranger.

"Harry!" She screamed after pulling me into an embrace. A middle aged man bursted through the door, alarmed when he saw me awake. He smiled, "You're awake!" He quickly ran up to me and pulled me into a hug so I screamed, pushing this stranger off me.

He gave me a questioning look before turning to the woman who claimed to be my mom, "Harry," she said to him, "She doesn't remember anything."

The man's eyes widened and opened his mouth to say something. But as soon as he saw my frightened expression, he walked out the door, speechless and in complete and utter shock. He told the woman he would get the doctor. Once he was out, my "mother" sat beside me and held my hand, squeezing it to give me reassurance that I was safe with her.

"Who am I? How old am I? Where am I?" I asked again.

"Honey, your name's Brooklyn Summers. You're 16 now, I think. Your birthday was a week ago." I nodded, trying to take in the information I was given. I tried my best to be calm and well-behaved but inside, my heart was beating like a drum against my chest.

"You were about to leave Paris three months ago but you had an accident," the woman pursed her lips.

"So I just turned 16 and I was in a coma," I said after words sinked in into my head, the disbelief clear in my voice.

She nodded, " You were in an accident with your-" she stopped herself from saying something, carefully going over her words, "friend."

"Friend?" Surely I had friends, of course. "What's my friend's name?" I asked.

"Your friend's name is Lu--" she stopped herself again. "Lucia." She said.

"Where is she?" I asked once again.

She frowned, clearly not glad I was asking about this Lucia girl, "She's dead."

"Oh," was all I could say. I wanted to feel sadness and remorse but I didn't remember any memories I shared with 'Lucia'.

The events after that happened way too fast. My "parents" told me we were moving to another house. I didn't object since I barely know my life. Maybe I had a life I'm gladly to forget before all this.

We moved to another house not really far from our old house and not really outside town, saying that I needed a fresh start. My mom told me that Lucia was a bad friend. She told me that she always catch us sneaking out at night but never said a word about it. She said Lucia was a bad influence and that that house held so many memories of me and her that it had to be ridded. My dad was reluctant to move but my mom had a long talk with him privately out of my earshot but I was snoopy so I heard a bit of their conversation. My mom told him that I deserve a brand new start after all of this. And that I needed to get away from a certain someone...

A young blonde girl called Elaine moved in with us, my mom claiming that she was one of my bestfriends. Mom told me how much of a daughter she was to her, considering the fact that she needed love and care. Especially for an orphan.

Me and Elaine were both enrolled in a private school on the other side of town so that meant we had to wake up extra early to get there. She also answered questions about my life but I found it peculiar that whenever I would ask about Lucia, she would frown and purse her lips, quickly changing the topic.

Soon enough, I dropped the subject and easily recovered within one month. Me and my parents started bonding again and me and Elaine were acting like we're best friends again though I didn't hold any clear memory of them.

But something...there was something I would see in my dreams. I didn't know if my mind made it up or if it was actually real. Because I've felt strong feelings of familiarity whenever I see it.

A pair of ocean blue eyes.

a/n

ok omg I'm super pissed at Brooke's mom and I'm trying my best not to kill her bc she plays an important role in the story anyway fan vote and comment woot

and ilysm for reading this story

-Athena