Chapter 29

a few days laterrrrr....

"Ash, are you feeling alright?" I asked, worried. I scooted closer to him but he moved away a bit.

"Yeah," he pursed his lips together. I came here a little while ago to visit him and I thought I'd be greeted by his warm smile. But I wasn't. Instead, he groaned at me and when his mom came down from upstairs, she invited me in, making Ashton's face scrunch up. Ashton turned on the TV and sat on the couch, not bothering to talk to me.

"Are you sure, babe?" I brushed the hair off his eyes. He slapped my hand away making me grimace.

"What's wrong with you?" I gasped.

I searched his eyes but he looked away, averting my gaze. He laughed bitterly, "My girlfriend's been whoring around with my best friend."

"What?" I looked at him.

"You think I'm stupid?" He spat out angrily, "I can't believe you."

"No, Ash. List-"

"Whore!" Ashton screamed out. Suddenly, I felt a warm gush of liquid on my face. I was crying.

I quickly stood up and ran out of their house, immediately going to the local bar Luke brought me to weeks and weeks ago.

I entered the place, the rancid odor and the sickly smell of alcohol filled my nostrils. I tool a seat at one of the counters and pulled out my phone to call Luke.

For some reason, I can't help but feel guilty. I love Ash with all my heart but he was right. I can't stop hanging out with Luke like he's my boyfriend.

I tried calling Luke a few more times before giving up. He wasn't answering any of my calls. I sighed and walked out the bar, dismissing the thoughts of drinking myself to forget. I made my way to the park, the most serene place I could think of to help me keep my sanity, and sat under the tree.

At first, I just stared out into the vast open space but soon enough, I heard two familiar voices talking. I looked around and found two familiar faces walking down.

"Calum? Michael?" I called out, rubbing my nose. I sniffed as they squinted their eyes at me. Soon enough, they recognized me and ran to my side.

"What are you doing here?" Michael asked, crouching down to my level.

I stared at him, unable to form coherent words.

"Jesus, Brooke. Are you crying?" Calum crouched down beside Michael with a worried look in his face.

"No, I'm not." I tried to keep my voice steady but my lungs betrayed me. Before I could say anything else, I started to break down right in front of them. They started panicking and tried their best to comfort me but all I could think about was Ashton and how he broke my heart.

"Brooke," Calum cooed, rubbing soothing circles on my back.

"What?" I sniffed, wiping my runny nose.

"Let's go get some pizza and tell us all about it."

Even though this is probably the first time I hung out with them, we ended up having a good time and I'm glad to finally be able to call them my friends.

a/n

yay omg they're friends

and omg I'm laughing there's this girl who keeps on correcting my grammar thank u for doing so lol I think her username is keepcalm something or other idk but hey thanks u rock

stupid autocorrect keeps changing my to NY lol

and there was this girl who told me to double update so here ya go xx I updated in 2 consecutive daaays

and pls check out my other story called runaway kid it would mean a lot

comment, vote and share and follow me on twitter: casketluke

-a t h e n u u u h