Chapter 31

a few nights later...

"You fell?" Elaine laughed, "Omygod, this is literally funny."

"It's not funny," I crossed my arms together, "It's not even funny."

"Oh god, yes it is." She smirked at me.

"Okay fine, it is pretty funny," I rolled my eyes and let out a small laugh. Ever since the kiss, Luke and I have been very awkward around each other. Especially when he walked me home. He kept fiddling with his fingers and I kept biting down on my nails. It was literally the worst 20 minutes of my life.

Then suddenly, we were interrupted by a loud ring. Elaine hurriedly dug in her pockets and pulled out her phone.

"Hello? Oh, hi...Yes, uh....Okay, Michael. Uhuh. No, it's fi-- I do not do sexual favors!" She hung up on him and plopped down beside me on my bed. As much as she tried to act like she was mad, a smile slowly formed on her face.

"You like Michael," I cooed. Her eyes widened at my accusation and suddenly, the smile disappeared on her face.

"I do not!" She crosses her arms and sat up.

"You dooooo," I said in a sing song voice.

"I don't!" She screamed at me like a little girl and walked out of my room, slamming my door shut.

"You do!" I called after her.

Elaine opened the door again and stuck in her hand to give me the middle finger. I laughed as she closed the door.

Ring Ring

I scrunched up my face. It was only 9:00 p.m. Luke usually called during 2:00 a.m.

I answered the phone and to my surprise it wasn't Luke.

"Ashton?" I was confused. I thought we were in a fight. Why was he calling me?

"We need to talk. Meet me at the park," he breathed out into the phone and I sensed the seriousness in his tone. My heartbeat sped up and I nodded but then remembered that he couldn't see me.

"O-okay," I choked out lowly. He sighed on the other end of the line and hung up. I could feel something bad is gonna happen.

[play remembering sunday]

I walked out the house not giving my parents sitting on the couch a second glance. I put on the hoodie that was slung across my shoulder and suddenly I felt little drops of water fall on my face.

I started running to the park, as it started raining. Finally I reached the park and found Ashton standing there under the tree where me and Luke usually hung out.

I was confused.

He was wearing a faded black leather coat that went down above his knees. skinny jeans and and big black combat boots. I ran up to him but stopped in a halt a few meters away from when I saw him frozen. He was staring into something and that's when I realized he was staring into the B+ L that was carved into the tree by Luke and his 'friend'.

I cleared my throat causing him to turn around. The sight I saw made my heart hurt like shit. His eyes were full of pain and his fingers were shaking a bit. He was staring into my eyes that made my stomach churn. He looked at me with such sadness and passion that it made me feel guilty. His whole body was drenched with water and drops of water were dripping from the tips of his hair.

"Did you and Luke carve this?" He pointed at the tree. I stayed in my position, not being able to move. I furiously shook my head and muttered a small "no" to him. He let out a low, shaky breath, "I heard Calum and Luke talking."