Chapter 38

[listen to amnesia studio version]

Luke

I exited the building, having finished the last song of the night which was probably the most special song I've ever written. The boys and I dragged on to the black car with all of our heads hung low from fatigue. I plopped into the driver's seat and I heard someone screaming my name.

Probably just a fan.

Ashton sat beside me, instantly falling asleep the moment he sat down. Michael did the same and Calum plugged in his earphones while playing flappy bird on his phone, shutting off the world around him.

And then suddenly, my name was getting called louder and I was starting to fear that it was an obsessive crazed fan. But as if on cue, my phone ran and when I saw the caller I.D. my hands started shaking and a small smile started to set on my face. I looked to the rearview mirror, seeing a girl, standing in the middle of the road, about a couple of meters away from us.

Brooke

I hurried in to the bar where their gig was being held. My feet were burning from all the running I was doing but I didn't care. I needed to make things right. I threw the ticket at the guard not even caring as I ran past him and into the venue where the gig was held.

I was running late since me and my mom had a heart to heart talk. I stepped in and the whole room was full. The people at the back were standing up since the bar was in over capacity. I tried to squeeze my way in , earbig some nasty looks from the girls but I didn't care. Nine of then mattered right now.

"Luke!" I called out, squeezing my way in further into the crowd. I was being pushed all around and finally, I found a spot, not that near and not that far but enough for me to get a good look at them. My heart stopped when I saw Luke and as I squinted my eyes to get a better look, I noticed that his eyes were bloodshot.

"So this next song is a song I wrote, just a few days ago," Luke spoke into the microphone, making girls squeal in excitement. I was frozen on where I was standing, just looking at him.

"This song is about this girl with the most beautiful brown hair and gorgeous brown eyes. This girl have broken my heart so many times but it didn't matter to me," he breathed out, "Because I love her."

The crowd fell silent and I could hear some murmurs as they waited for Luke to speak again. A small smile crept on my face as I listened.

"I've lost her once, twice or maybe thrice but I would keep trying until I get her back. I still have 5 more days before we'd leave for our tour and I'll make the most of it, out of those few given days," He said.

The boys stared at him in awe as Luke continued his speech.

"If you're here in the crowd, I hope you listen to every word I'm saying. Because of you, I'd drive around every night around town, drinking myself to forget, hoping I could erase you from my mind," he shrugged, a sad smile playing on his face, "Most of the time, I would ask your friends how you're doing and they would say you're fine," he paused as he looked through the crowd, searching for a face, "But I know you're not."

"So to the girl who broke my heart, I wrote this song called Amnesia," he sighed, "And I know this would fit you perfectly."

Luke started to pluck on his guitar, letting out a puff of air.

I scrunched up my face as a kaleidoscope of images strolled through my mind. It felt like a dream, being played in a movie, and I was getting a headache and I'm pretty sure I'm about to faint.