Chapter 39

I watched the medics rush the bodies of the four boys into the ambulance. I wiped the tears off my face, my sight blurry from all the tears and all the lights blocking my face.

I hurriedly stepped in and sat down beside Luke's body. His face was covered in blood and his left arm was twisted in a very awkward way. His eyes were slightly opened but I doubt that he could even process everything that's going on. My heart ached at the sight of him and I was sure I would have a heart attack on the spot.

"Luke, please." I cried, clutching his hand tightly against mine. I rubbed my thumb soothingly against his skin, hoping he could at least feel this small gesture of affection.

"Luke, please! Don't do this to me!" I cried louder, hitting his thigh softly. The pain of all events today was overwhelming-getting my memories back, reuniting with my mom and now, this.

"Luke, I'm begging you-"

"Ma'am, would you please calm down?" The medic beside me asked in a low voice.

"Shut the fuck up!" I snapped.

The whole ride to the hospital was silent but soon enough, all of them were being rushed into the ER, with me clutching Luke's strainer.

"Luke," I cried, "I thought you would never leave me."

"Luke!"

I wept, wishing I could've done better with those times I've had with him.

"Luke Robert Hemmings, you are not leaving me!"

I clutched his shirt tightly, sobbing into the fabric while the other nurses pushing the strainer looked at me with sadness and sympathy. I tried my best to keep up with their pace.

"Please, just give me a moment."

"Ma'am, he could lose a lot of blo-"

"One damn second!" I screamed out. causing them to let go of his strainer. I moved closer to his body, bringing my hand to caress his face gently, running my fingers through his hair and training down to his lips.

I leaned down to his ear, "I don't hate you." I moved up to his lips and gently pressed it against mine, my tears rolling down his face.

Once I pulled away, I gave him a sad smile, "Please don't die on me." The nurses nodded, signifying that it was okay to take him away-which they did-and into the emergency room. A million thoughts ran through my head but only one stood out. He was being pulled away from me, my best friend for 7 years, finally out of my reach.

a/n

im torturing myself by making sad chapters and pls dont stop reading this if he dies/gets amnesia im not sure lol

and thank u for the endless support <3 and thank youuu mylittlemermaid for making this wonderful cover ------------------------->

AND IM FREAKING OUT BC 5SOS ALBUM HOLY SHIT STUDIO VERSION OF VOODODSKF DOLL GREENLIGHT AND 18 MAKES ME CRY

comment vote and share

-athenaaaa