Chapter 28

I smiled at Ashton who was sitting in front of me with a guitar in his hands.

"So I kinda wrote this after you slept over at mine," he smiled, a smile that sent butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"Oh really. Can I hear it?" I grinned widely.

He started strumming the guitar, "Okay. Just so you know, I only got the chorus finished but I still want you to hear it."

"It's fine," I rolled my eyes, "Now sing."

He cleared his throat before strumming with a grin plastered on his face. "She looks so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear," he sang happily. My mind traveled back to the time I wore his clothes back at the sleepover. "And I know now, that I'm so down. Your lipstick stain is a work of art, I got your name tattooed in an arrowed heart. And I know now, that I'm so down." When he noticed my stare, he looked down the floor and started blushing, "It sucked, didn't it?"

My heart welled up with happiness as he sang to me and I swear to god that I'm so close to exploding. But I can't help compare it to the song Luke wrote.

"No, no, no." My eyes widened as I linked my arm through his and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Did you like it?" He asked.

"I loved it," I smiled and kissed him full on the mouth. He moved his guitar away and pulled me closer, making me straddle his waists. I pecked his lips softly before getting up.

"I'll be right back," I smiled. I jogged downstairs, walking over to the kitchen counter and poured myself a glass of water. After that, I made my way to the main bathroom of the house, which is also located here downstairs. I started washing away my make up in front of the bathroom mirror, making my face look paler.

I went back upstairs to find Ashton preparing to sleep. "Hey baby," he smiled, fixing the covers.

"Hey." I walked over to him but I tripped on a pile of pants, "What are these pants doing here?"

He laughed, "Those are Mike, Calum and Luke's pants. They kinda forgot those," he chuckled.

I grimaced, "These are disgusting."

"I know right?" He laughed, "Anyway baby, I'll sleep now. I'm tired."

I nodded and kissed his cheek, "Love you."

"I love you too."

I sighed and stared at the pile of pants. I don't know why I'm staring at those sweaty little things but I can't help but feel the urge to look through their pockets. I crawled over to it, making sure Ashton's eyes were closed. I picked up one of the pants (I'm not sure whose) and dug through the pockets. There was a piece of crumpled paper.

Dear Brooke,

Hi.

have something important to say.

made you cookies and hope you like it.

Okay anyway.

Brooke, you are the most beautiful girl I ever laid my eyes on. You have a good heart and you never failed 

to make me laugh. I love the way your eyes shine or the way 

your brown hair contrasts with your pale 

face. I love how you're so shy but at the same time humorous. I just love every single thing about you.