Chapter 17

I stirred around in my bed, still not over the fact that I just had my first kiss. But was it really my first? I didn't have any memories to remember if I've already been kissed before but I know that kissing wasn't foreign to me. And I have no idea why.

But still, I can't help but smile whenever I think of his lips pressed firmly against mine.

I sighed and looked over to my alarm clock.

2:00 a.m.

Everything was falling into place but still there was something bothering me in the back of my mind. I wasn't sure what that was but I tried my best to ignore it.

I forced my eyes shut, in hopes of falling asleep.

But again, I failed miserably.

I reached out for my phone and called the first person who I had in mind.

"Hello?"

"Luke," I smiled to myself.

I heard him shuffle around before speaking again, "Why did you call? It's 2 am."

"I know," I sighed, "I can't sleep."

"So why did you call me? Do you want me to come over?"

"No I just needed to talk to someone. You were the first person I had in mind."

"Really?" I felt him smile against the phone. It was evident in his voice.

"Yes."

"Shouldn't it be your boyfriend?" I could literally feel him smirking on the other end. I face palmed myself. Of course, I should've called Ashton and not him.

"He's not my boyfriend! We're just dating!" I defended myself. He started laughing at my uneasiness.

"You know what? Forget it." I said.

"No, no, no. Don't hang up! I was just messing with you."

"I hate you." I sighed.

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do."

He chuckled, "Do you want to hang out in the park?"

"Luke! It's 2 a.m." I whispered.

"I know," was all he said before hanging up.

I dug my hands through my pockets, keeping it warm from the cold, breezy night. The streets looked creepy at this time and it was deafeningly quiet. I finally reached the park, and I sighed in relief. I was starting to get scared at the thought of being alone in these streets.

I saw a black hooded figure under a familiar large oak tree and I instantly knew who it is. He was standing under the tree where he took me, where I had one of my attacks. I still wasn't sure why I get those.

"Hey!" I called out. I couldn't see his face clearly but then he pointed a flashlight at me, making me see the excitement on his face. His hair was down and not waxed up. I like his hair down better.

"Hello, Brooke." He smiled excitedly. He looked like a boy who just got a new toy for Christmas. I was actually pissed with Luke since I was forced to climb out of my window in the middle of the night. But that changed when I saw his smile.

"So why am I here?" I asked.

"Because we're going to an adventure."

"Like what?" I rolled my eyes.