Chapter 19

I woke up with a large grin on my face from the events of last night. Turns out, it went pretty well. My father and Ashton had a lot in common and ended up watching Iron Man while me and my mom prepared dessert.

It turned out to be wonderful.

Ding Dong! The doorbell rang.

I yawned and sat up, going downstairs and heading towards the door. By the time I reached the bottom of the stairs, Elaine was already at the door holding a brown paper bag.

"Guess who?" She grinned.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." I smiled goofily as I made my way over to her. "I haven't talked to you in a while," I said.

She rolled her eyes and handed the package to me, "You were with your boyfriend." She laughed.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I exclaimed in a high pitched voice, which made her laugh harder.

"Anyway, so what's up?" She leaned over the counter.

"Well," I paused for a moment as I tried to recall the events of last night, "Ashton ate dinner with us."

"What?" Her eyes widened.

I shrugged, "Yeah. What about you?"

She bit her lip and looked down at her hands. "I was out..."

"I know that," I roleld my eyes, "But where?"

"At Calum's."

"Why?" I urged on.

"No reason," she shrugged and walked out the front door as fast as she could, just in her PJs and a loose tank top. There was something happening between Calum and Elaine. I sighed and dug around the paper bag, only to be met by the sweet smell of coffee and cookies.

There was a paper at the bottom, like the usual-.

Dear Brooke,

So I think I'm running out of cheesy lines to say so I'm not really sure how this letter should go. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the food.

-Luke

I smiled widely, opening the topperware of cookies.

"So what do you wanna do tonight?" I snuggled up into Ashton's shoulder. We were at the back of his pick up truck. covered in blankets and watching the stars at the park.

"I don't know," Ashton smiled, "Just gaze at the stars."

"I'm hungry." I snuggled closer to him as hr wrapped his arm tighter around me.

"I have a box of pizza here!" Ashton exclaimed, shuffling to get the pizza from one of the trunks he brought.

We spent a whole good 40 minutes, finishing our pizzas and just basically talking. He ended up braiding my hair

(a/n: jfc imagine ashton doing that it's fucking adorable) into a fishtail and I ended up painting his nails red. We had nothing to do much but apparently, we had a good time.

We arrived late and I had to sneak in my room to avoid any questions or any lectures from my mom. She'd probably ground me. But when I got in, she was sitting on my bed, looking at me impatiently.