Chapter 8

"Hi," she stared at me with wide eyes, keeping our gaze locked together. She seemed to snap out of the trance faster than I did, shaking her head. She fixed her hair quickly, extending her hand towards me. I took her hand in mine, shaking it up and down.

"I'm Luke."

"I know."

"I'm Brooke," she smiled.

I looked at her as if she was the best thing in the world. "I know," I smiled back.

She raised an eyebrow, "How do you know?" She looked at Elaine who was also wearing a shocked expression.

"Umm," I bit my lip, trying to think of an excuse.

Luckily, Ashton came to the rescue. "Luke!" he called out from the stage. I noticed that Brooke's eyes glimmered when he saw Ashton and I can't help but wonder why.

"Um. You can both watch backstage if you want." I offered, "Maybe later we could talk."

Brooke squealed quietly, earning a laugh from me. I can't believe that this is actually happening. Did fate bring us back together? I mean what a big fucking coincidence.

"Um, no. Actually we have to go." Elaine piped. Brooke grimaced beside her, shooting her an awful glare. I can't help but smile, remembering how she used that face when she was mad at me back then.

"Nonsense. Let's go." Brooke smiled. Elaine pursed her lips together, obviously pissed by Brooke's decision. She sighed in defeat before walking to the stage ahead of us.

I led them to the platform, my heart racing like a car. I was starting to sweat when I heard whispers coming from the crowd. That's when I remembered I was in a gig. Not a movie where the prince finally finds her princess lurking in the dark. I asked a guard, guarding the doors to take both of the girls backstage

Elaine

"Thank you and goodnight!" Luke exclaimed, causing the crowd to applaud, shooting them hoots and whistles. I looked over to Brooke, who was doing the exact same thing. They exited the stage, walking to the backstage towards us. Brooke's smile grew wider when she saw the drummer kid, blushing when he sent her a wink. I rolled my eyes at them, grabbing Luke by the arm.

"What the f-"

"Shut up, Blondie."

My nickname for him seemed to shut him up. I dragged him through the halls, looking for the nearest bathroom. I pushed him in and locked the door behind me.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" I yelled at him. He was glaring at me from where he stood.

"Why didn't you tell me she's alive? You know how I felt about her. And why doesn't she know me anymore? I mean I get that she had amnesia but you could've atleast told her that I existed. I'm the one who should be mad at you." He said quietly, and I can feel his voice shaking in anger. This was Luke. He never shouts when he gets mad. He just keeps quiet.

"Well, I'm sorry. I have a valid excuse." I crossed my arms.

"Then tell me." He calmly said.

"I can't."

"Tell me," he repeated, using the same tone.

"I can't."

"Tell me." He said through gritted teeth, pushing me more. His eyes were filled with desperation, confusion and anger and it somehow scared me.

I guess he deserved to know the truth. He has to know someday, right? "Her mom wouldn't let me." I sighed.

"Why would she do that? That's fucking sick! You can't just make people believe that a certain person is dead when that person is really not!" He spat angrily at me.

"I'm sorry!" I exclaimed, not really sure how to handle the situation. "I'm not really sure how to explain this any further!" I told him.

a/n

ok so crazy chapter lol ok idek but I can't think of anything so I just threw in some random shits together lol this chapter is crappy and I'm sorry

I'll edit it and I promise I'll make the next chapter better

anyway vote and comment

-Athena