Chapter 32

I'm not sure how long I've been staring off into space. One week after the break up had passed and I am still in shock. I ran my hands through my hair, untangling the knots that have formed since I haven't got up from my bed for a week. I didn't shower, didn't eat and didn't even had the strength to change my clothes. My parents were worried about me but I assured them I was fine. I sighed and got up from the bed, deciding that one week of sulking was enough.

I checked the clock on the bedside table, shocked that it already was 11:00 p.m.

My parents are probably asleep. I washed my hair for about three times and lather my skin with soap, scrubbing as hard as I could. I smelled so bad. I brushed my teeth multiple times before slipping into my sweats and changing my sweaty bed covers.

I felt fresh and renewed.

I plopped down on my bed and grabbed my iPod, scrolling through my playlist and finally settling for some Ramones.

Before I could plug my earphones into my ears, I heard a loud tap against my window.

Luke, probably.

I wasn't in the mood to talk to anybody so I ignored it again but this time the taps grew louder.  I groaned and walked over to my window and found him standing there with a hopeful expression. He had his hair back in a fringe and I internally smiled. He was wearing a loose green shirt and pale shorts.

He dropped the pebbles he'd been using to throw at my window and sheepishly waved at me.

"Can I come up?" Luke whispered and I nodded, collecting the blankets we tied together and dropping it down so he could get up. Once I pulled him in, he landed quite unattractively on my bedroom floor.

"What do you want?" I asked him, crossing my arms together.

"Well I just wanted to check up on you," he stood up and smiled.

I sighed, rubbing my face. "Do you know what happened?"

Luke's face slowly dropped and nodded, moving closer to me. I pursed my lips and smiled. It was a genuine smile since I was happy that Luke was concerned with me. It made me feel special.

"Ashton told you?" I asked and he nodded in response.

It was silent for a while and the room was filled with tension so I smiled at Luke in a small attempt to cheer up the atmosphere.

"Well, I see that you're not wearing skinny jeans and tight clothing," I grinned at him.

A smile started spreading across his face, "Well I thought about what you said about my balls exploding. And besides, this was how I used to dress before the fame and all of that."

"Well I like it," I nodded in approval, "And your hair is back in a fringe."

He let out a small laugh, "I thought you might like it."

"I do," I beamed.

Luke and I chatted for a while and he kept telling me news about his band and stuff like that. It still seemed surreal that I just broke up with my favorite band member-the other way around actually-and I never thought I would be in this position ever in my life. We didn't talk about the kiss, which was good, but it was still a bit awkward for the both of us, specially that we're alone. Soon after, Luke left and bid me goodbye.

the next morning

I woke up to the sound of knocking on my bedroom door. I groaned audibly and threw the covers off my body before trudging up towards the door.

"What do you want?" I groaned when I saw Elaine standing there in her pajamas, looking at me tiredly. She was holding a brown paper bag and I instantly knew who it was from.