Chapter 9

Luke

"Okay. So are you ready to do this?" I asked, taking in a deep breathe. I felt  tangle his hands with mine and I could feel something in the pit of my stomach.

"Ready," she breathed out before opening the bathroom door.

I found Brooke sitting there awkwardly being chatted away by Calum who seemed extra friendly. He must be trying to flirt with her.

"So hey guys," I smiled. Brooke's eyes lit up when she saw me. Probably star struck.

"Hey," she waved and so did the others. Elaine and I took a seat on the couch beside Michael.

"So," Elaine dragged on her words, "It was rude of me to not tell you that Luke is actually my ex boyfriend," Elaine said, trying her best not to laugh. It was short notice and that was the best explanation we had as to why she knew/avoided me. Ashton wasn't around at the moment, probably with some fans right now.

Michael, Brooke and Calum had surprised expressions on their faces and Elaine was enjoying the view, a small smile playing on her lips. I remember back in middle school, she loved lying and pranking people, in her own sick way.

"Oh, wow." Michael laughed, "Hi Luke's ex."

"It's Elaine actually," she extended her pale hand and shook Michael's hand. Calum did the same and they stared at her like she was a new shiny toy or something. Brooke sat there, with her mouth agape, surprised that Elaine had a popstar ex boyfriend.

After a while of talking, Elaine ushered me inside the bathroom.

"What?" I asked her, looking over my shoulder to see Brooke engrossed in a conversation with Calum before silently closing the door behind us.

"Short or long explanation?" She offered.

"What do you mean?" I asked, unsure what she was trying to say.

"About what happened," She clarified.

"Oh," I nodded, my heart racing a bit faster than normal, excited and at the same time scared to know the truth.

"Whatever floats your boat," I said. She looked around nervously but soon she started speaking.

"Okay," she sighed deeply, "After the accident, we moved away for a fresh new start. Mostly to get away from you and no one knew why Trisha, her mother, was so insistent on making her not remember you. We carried on our lives as if you didn't exist and that's how Trisha wanted it. For some reason, they adopted me," she snickered, "And I was grateful for that. Maybe that's why I followed everything she said."

It was silent for a while, lost in our own thoughts. I couldn't bring myself to say anything or comment on her explanation because I knew well that my voice was caught in my throat.

"How do I win her back?" I asked, staring at the wall, after I regained enough of my senses to process all of these new info.

She looked over at me with a sad smile. "You can't tell her right away," she shrugged, "She'd freak out for sure and her mom will find out and I'm going to be screwed so I guess there's only one way."

She chuckled, making me gape at her.

"What?" I asked. She shrugged and wrote down numbers on the floor with a marker she dug out of her pocket.

"This is Brooke's number. I'll just tell her that I gave it to you."

I ignored her, my eyes flicking from the numbers to her face. "What do I have to do?"

She smirked, "Make her remember."

a/n

comment vote and share thank u so much

-Athena