Chapter 10

Brooke

I woke up with a silly grin on my face, remembering the events of last week. It's been a week since I last saw them but the memory was still fresh in the back of my mind. I still can't believe that Luke's her ex, and we talked about it when we got home. Everything's pretty much crazy since the band I was mooning over for a really long time finally knew me. Maybe this was the universe's way to bring me and Ashton together. I pushed those thoughts away and happily skipped down to the kitchen to have my breakfast.

"Good morning mom," I smiled, greeting her cheerfully. I sat down on the kitchen counter beside her.

"Well you're up early," she smiled, giving me a peck on the cheek.

I rolled my eyes, stating the obvious. "It's Monday. I have school today," I said in a serious tone.

She laughed at my response before ruffling hair in her hands. "Sweetie, your summer vacation starts now."

"What?" I gasped. The happenings of last week seemed to take away my worries about school, making me forget that that chapter of my life is finally over.

For three months.

"Yes honey." She laughed, "And the same week where me and your father will go to Spain."

"What?" I gasped again. Wow, a morning full of surprises.

"Silly, I told you last week!" She grinned, "Anyway, I'm off to work."

"What time will you get home?" I asked, still surprised, but finally remembering her telling me about her trip.

She rubbed her chin, "I guess I'll be home with your father at ten to pick up our bags and then we are off to go."

I pouted and looked up with her with mock sadness.

"Oh honey, it's just a week." She brushed my hair away from my eyes and kissed my forehead.

"Okay," I nodded, kissing her on the cheek, "Bye mom."

She called out "Bye!" before slamming the door behind her shut. I was left alone in the kitchen, sitting on the kitchen counter. What to do, what to do. I thought to myself. Since vacation starts today (which totally is so fucking dumb of me to not notice) I'm not really sure I had anything to do today.

I thought about all the things I can do a d as if on cue, my phone rang. I quickly grabbed it, looking at the screen. An unknown number is calling me. I wasn't sure if I should pick up but the curiosity got to me so I did what I had to do.

"Hello?"

I heard muffled noises on the other end. The caller was shuffling around his bed, making noises everywhere. The caller wasn't speaking and this went on for one straight minute. I was about to put down the phone call but a familiar voice stopped me.

"H-hi," a deep voice nervously said.

"Hello?"

"Brooke, umm this is Luke." My eyes widened once the words left his lips.

"U-um, h-hi. U-mm my number...what a-are you actually...w-what?" I stuttered. How the hell did Luke Hemmings know my number? I mean I can't believe this even one goddamn bit.

"Umm, Brooke. Are you okay?" He asked.

"Umm yeah," I tried play it cool. I took a deep breath, trying to compose myself, "So why did you call and how did you get my number?"

"Umm, Elaine gave it to me and I was wondering..." he trailed off.

My heart skipped a beat and I was pretty sure my heart was going to burst when he said, "Maybe you could come to our place?"