Chapter 16

warning: there's a triggering part here. im just gonna put out a warning guys bc some of u are offended. these characters do not reflect my opinions in real life. they're merely a work kf fiction so pls do not expect them to be perfect. i wrote this ff at a very young age so yeah i didn't think so many of u would get offended and that was stupid of me. so im sorry in advance but i wont change the contents of this book. THIS IS MY STORY. THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NONE OF THIS IS TRUE. -athena (a slightly more mature version of her who's now in her 2nd year in college aye) june 13 2016

It's been a week since that dreadful first date but after a few days of adjusting, I can finally and proudly say that I am in fact dating Ashton Fletcher Irwin. We're daring for two weeks already. I don't even know how or why but it just happened and in a blink of an eye, all my dreams came true.

But not everything turned out the way I wanted to. Ever since me and Ashton started dating, Luke's been very distant. The last cookie he sent was way back on the day Ashton took me out on a date. And I must admit, I miss him very much. I tried calling him but I always ended up in voice mail. This time, I got fed up.

"Luke!" I knocked repeatedly, "Luke!"

The door opened, revealing a very sleepy Luke. He was wearing a white shirt and a pair of sweatpants and it looked like he just woke up, even though it was 8 p.m. I stared at him and gulped at the sight of him looking like this. He looked very...attractive.

"What do you want?" he asked tiredly, rubbing his eyes.

I snapped out of the trance and crossed my arms over my chest, "Why do you never answer my calls?"

He squinted his eyes at me, "Oh why do you care?"

"Uh, excuse me? Well, I care because I actually consider you my friend." I raised an eyebrow, giving him the 'duh' look.

"Well you have Ashton now so stop bothering me," he started closing the door. I stuck on my foot in before he could slam the door shut.

He sighed and opened the door again, "What?"

"Is this what all of this is about?"

"What do you mean?" he furrowed his eyebrows together.

"Is this about Ashton?"

His eyes went wide, "No."

"Then what?"

He sighed and rubbed his face, "Stop acting so innocent. You don't need me anymore since you got what you wanted."

"Oh really?" I snapped at him, "Tell me, Luke. What doI want?"

He crossed his arms challengingly, "You wanted Ashton."

"So it isabout Ashton," I threw my arms up in the air in frustration. Did he actually think I used him to get to Ashton?

"It's always about Ashton!" he raised his voice.

"And you think I'm using you?"

"Yes!" he shouted.

I stared at him in disbelief, trying to hold in my tears. Did he really think I was that kind of girl? And to think I thought of him as my friend.

"Fuck you, Luke." I muttered angrily before storming off. I heard him sigh and before I could reach the small staircase that lead to the road, he grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I didn't know what happened next but something snapped in me. I turned around and pushed him, his back hitting the door frame. "If I was only using you, then I wouldn't be standing here trying to talk to you? I mean I am already dating Ashton but here I am in front of you!" I screamed before running down the street.