Chapter 26

It was 2:00 a.m. and I'm still crying. I wasn't sure if it's because he hurt me with his words or the fact that me and my mom just fought. Maybe it was caused by both.

I wiped the tears away and grabbed my phone from the bedside table. I didn't know why but I called the first person I could think of.

"Hello, Brooke?"

"Luke," I sniffed.

"Brooke? Are you crying?"

"Please come take me," I said shakily.

"Why? Are you okay?"

"I just need to get away."

After 20 minutes, Luke called and told me he had his car parked a few houses down from our house. I snuck out and slipped inside Luke's car with my phone in my hands.

"Are you okay?"

"Just drive."

"Tell me what the problem is."

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair, "Ashton and my mom."

He nodded in understanding as he stepped his foot on the gas pedal. We started driving around town but it was a bit boring so I gave him a wild idea. I told him to go out of town and to the downtown city. He happily complied.

I blasted Mayday Parade's Jamie All Over through his speakers and we sang along as loud as we could. The city lights were gleaming down at us, the noises you could hear were the voices of people walking by, huge ass screens with advertisements, and open shops 24/7.

Luke pressed some button that made the roof of the car slide down and I looked at him in surprise.

"This is so so cool!" I screamed above the music. He laughed at my reaction and once the roof was gone, my hair feeling blew across my face.

"Thank my mom for getting this car."

We laughed and sang and drove around for like what seemed an hour. "Oh look! Stop by over there!" I pointed at a street vendor. I hopped out of car and bought us both crazy looking glasses. Mine was round and his had scary looking hands on the rim. I hopped back in the car and handed the glasses to him.

"What the fuck is this Brooke?"

I laughed, "Just wear it, Hemmings."

He rolled his eyes and put his glasses on. Now the song Ocean and Atlantic was playing on the stereo.

We sang along again at the top of our lungs and I swear to god it made the adrenaline crawl through my veins. The people stared at us like we're crazy but I didn't care. I was finally happy.

We stopped by at Macca's and ordered 3 large fries, 2 deluxe cheeseburgers and 2 large cokes.

Luke took a sip of his coke before looking at me. "Can I tell you something?"

I shrugged and bit into my burger. Shit, this is good stuff. "Anything, Hemmings."

"Okay. Don't get freaked out or take this the wrong way."

"Okay."

"It's just that," he scratched the back of his head, "Never mind."

"No. Go on. Tell me," I took a large bite of my burger again.

He sighed, "I just..I dont know. I'm always looked at as the Luke Hemmings from 5sos and you kinda get me away from all of that. It's like you're my sweet escape."

I smiled, "Are you going all mushy on me now, Hemmings?"

"No, it's just tha-"

"Don't worry," I smiled, "I feel the same way. I just want it exactly that way.When you're with me, I want to you to forget everything. I want you to tune out everything."

"I like this," Luke closed his eyes, smiling to himself.

"This is good," I smiled, "We're both each other's getaway."

He smiled and we fell into comfortable silence, eating away the large stack of food in front of us. We went outside once we were done eating, but a few drops of water came down from the sky. At first, it was just drizzling but then it started pouring down on us.

"Let's go!" I squealed, pulling him to the direction of the car. He just smirked at me and shook his head.

"Are you crazy?" I glared at him. The people around us are starting to run to shops to cover themselves from the rain but here he is, letting himself get drenched.

"You'll get pneumonia!" I screamed above the loud roar of the rain.

"I don't care!" He screamed, "I like the summer rain!"

"You'll get sick!" I screamed at him.

"Who cares?! Fuck them all!" He screamed and grabbed my hand. He ran to his car and pressed the button, making the roof of the car slide back up again. He went to the stereo and pressed some buttons before music started playing. I just stood there in the rain, watching him get out and open the door as wide as he could to let the music out.

The music started out softly and I recognized the song right away. It was Ever Enough by A Rocket to the Moon.

[lol play the song now bc it's better]

"Care to dance?" He bows.

"Are you crazy, Hemmings?" I choked out a laugh, running my fingers through my soaked hair. He was standing a few meters away from me, enough for me to get a good look at him. His hair was wet and it stuck to the skin of his head, making it look flat. He slowly walked his way over to me, sending me a playful grin.

"Yeah, I am crazy." He winked playfully at me, "For you."

I laughed at his remark as he pulled me to him, snaking his arm around my waist and the other holding my hand.

"Really? In the middle of the rain? Are we in some kind of movie?" I laughed, rolling my eyes at his clichéness. Though I kept denying it to myself, my heart is beating rapidly against my chest.

"Yes," He started swaying me back and fort. He looked down at me and smiled, getting lost in the song. He looked at me with such passion that I'm starting to think he felt something for me.

"Just so you know, I like the summer rain too!" I yelled over the sound of the rain and the loud music, causing him to grin down at me.

"Good!" He grinned, "because we'd be staying under it for quite a while."

I was back in my room again, smiling to myself at the turnout of events today. The night had been great and spending time with Luke made me realize that I felt lonely. Even if I'm with Ashton. Everything just went perfectly and it was like everything was build up on magic. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, my phone rang. It was Ashton.

"Hello?"

"Babe?" He sighed.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

Luke's POV

I smiled to myself as the conversations from our little road trip replay in my head.

Every single thing was perfect and everything's falling back into place. I grabbed a pen and a paper from somewhere on my desk and started scribbling the lyrics that came from my heart.

a/n

holy shit luke feels can I get a hell yeah

anyway thanks for reading this

omg i'll see the boys next year aye

and follow me on twitter: casketluke

ok pls COMMENT VOTE and share

-athena