Unwanted Reasons

Song: Kiss The Rain by Yiruma

-

"I have to let you go, I can't continue anymore"

The toxic words left my mouth as your heart shattered into a million pieces leaving you broken and speechless infront of me.

I forced my legs to turn around before I broke down crying in front of you, "I'm sorry" I mumbled but I doubt you heard. I had my reasons but I didn't think that you'd end up suffering more than me.

The next day was bitter, I entered the school with all eyes staring at me, giving me uncomfortable glares.

"She broke his heart?"

"She's such a bitch"

"Such a shame I actually shipped them"

I hung my head down low as I headed towards my locker, if only they knew...

The day went by slow till lunch came by, I felt a strong pain run through my entire body as I stood up from my desk making me immediately making me sit back down.

"Y/N are you okay?" I looked up and saw my closest friend Mark standing in front of me, I nodded and gathered my things and walked out the class with Mark following behind me.

There was some nasty comments being made as I walked into the cafeteria with Mark, Mark looked at me and sighed, "Dont listen to them Y/N I'm pretty sure you had a reason for the whole thing" he assured before sitting down across from me.

The rest of the day was torture, I wasn't talking I just kept glared at and talked about. I started my way home before my legs gave out and I collapsed near the school gates, my vision blurred as I tried to get up then I blacked out.

-  -  -  -  -  -

"Mark where's Y/N?" I asked my eyes frantically looking right and left, he looked bewildered at my question.

"Why're you looking for her? What happened?" I nervously looked down, my gut feeling told me something wrong as much as I wished it was wrong it turned out to be true.

"Guys! Y/N fainted near the school gates, she was picked up by paramedics cause she wouldn't wake up.." someone nearby said, causing me to take off and sprint towards the hospital.

I frantically ran up to the lady in the front desk startling her, "Y/F/N Y/L/N" I breathed out and she began typing on her computer.

"Room B-26" she said, I thanked her and ran off to the room she was in, as I was near a doctor walked out the door and saw me, he noticed my uniform and stopped me.

"Are you a friend or relative to Y/N?" He asked I gulped but nodded my head "I-I'm her boyfriend" I said hesitantly, but he looked at his clipboard and nodded.

"Alright, come and sit down with me I'll need to talk to you about her condition.." He guided me towards the waiting area.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

I woke up erupting into a coughing fit, I weakly looked around and found myself in the hospital I looked down at my body and realized how pale I looked, I sighed and stared out the window listening to the heart monitor.

I heard the room door click open revealing the doctor and... Jack?

His green hair looked shriveled and his blue eyes lost its shimmer I suddenly felt my stomach drop as he walked over to my bed side and kneeled next to me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He said barely in a whisper I didn't say anything but grabbed his hand.

"I'll be nearby just down the hallway if anything happens" The doctor patted Jack on the back and gave me a nod before walking out.

"Y/N..." he croaked "I can't lose you.." He looked at me, eyes full of hurt, color drained from his face, and tears just freely falling from his face.

I looked away and mumbled once again, "I'm sorry.." he took my face in his hands and made me face him "it's not your fault, I can't blame you for this.." he forced a smile even though he was clearly broken.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

The past 3 months was better than I'd expected even though most of the time I spent it laying in the hospital bed.

Jack would always visit me after school and do his homework next to me, always keeping me company and telling me how school was or how his day went.

My appearance was starting to change as days passed by leaving me now in a pale, anorexic state with my bones showing even though I'd been eating healthy for these past months.

Unfortunately, today was my last day and nobody knows this except the doctor and me. Jack came today after school as usual but just sat next to me and stared into my eyes with an unreadable expression.

My heart beat monitor started to slow down and Jack noticed this right away, his face flushed with panic. I grabbed his hand and just pulled him closer even though I was going to die at any moment.

"I'm sorry Jack... I-I didn't w-want to hurt y-you bu-but it seems like I-I did anyways.." My eyelids grew heavy, "I never wa-wanted t-to l-leave you... I j-just wanted you t-to be happy.." My words drew to a whisper " Jack.. I love you" I used my strength to breathe out those last words as my heart beat came to a stop.

Jack let the tears fall rapidly as he saw the life leave your body, he gripped onto your hand tighter and wished how it could've been more differently, how he just wanted one more day, how he wanted to grow old with you, how you could've fought your cancer.

But instead he was left crying on the bedside of the one he truly loved shakily crying out the same words over and over, he wanted a different reason to cry over you at the moment but he was stuck with one of the unwanted reasons.

"I love you Y/N" he repeated "Dont leave"

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N: wut a joy ride :) I'm sorry if the imagines I post are 'eh' I'm like getting back onto writing... ( ̄ε ̄)