Prologue

If everything could be normal again; I'd do anything in my power to change it. My fate was predetermined before I had even gotten a chance at changing it. The day everything changed in my life was the day I wished I had told my father I loved him more. I wished to be able to hug him, to feel his warm kiss on my forehead everyday before I'd leave for school. Now I'll never be able to do that.

It was another bright sunny day In Riviera, a small town over-run by industries polluting the forests around it. The town was once beautiful, with giant trees surrounding it. The city was known for it's small canals and beautiful waterways but they had disappeared. The TTC had decided to build factories in our small town and everything died off, taking our town's beauty with it.

What the TTC wanted was unbeknownst to us, they always did things that altered how we lived; They'd destroy homes to build stores and they'd take taxes from citizens—acting just like the government. Everyone hated the TTC; they're like a plague rummaging through different towns and cities, finding it's treasures then plowing whatever was in the way.

Time Travel Corporation, or the TTC is a huge corporation that the government let take over our to produce money for time travel. They feel like time travel would be a great improvement to our society. To go back in time to change our mistakes. 'Like it'd make any difference.' Once you make a grave mistake your only going to do it again anyways. The government was corrupt and everyone knew it, but the people were too afraid to do anything about it.

My father wanted to change how things were progressing but he didn't know how. I was only six years old at the time everything took a turn for the worse.

The cites became nothing but destroyed, abandoned and overrun with bandits. The people became very sick from pollution and the sickness spread like a fire. No one could stop it and my father became paranoid, obsessed would be a better term. He worried for my safety, and soon became overbearing with finding a way to protect me from this deadly smog.

He'd spend countless hours in his lab, only coming out to eat or sleep. I couldn't remember much of those days, I was much too young to remember. I do know that the days turned to weeks, then soon to months. I can remember that day though, the one where I changed.

I was playing with some toys in our living room minding my own business as usual, looking up from my toy once and awhile to see if father would come out. I grew tired of waiting for something I knew would never come. He took me by surprise when he ran out of the lab screaming in joy. I'd never seen him so happy, but that joy was short lived.

"Dad? Why are you so excited?" I mumbled quietly fidgeting with my tiny hands.

"I finally finished it! A cure that will protect you from this deadly smog. If it works, you won't get sick ever again!" He cried out with a large smile. I smiled at him as a sign of understanding, I wanted him to always smile like that.

It was only me and father, mom died because of the smog a year after I was born. My father had to raise me by himself.

"Come Aya, let's test my medicine shall we?" He told me gently as he reached out for my hand. I didn't think anything of it and put my tiny hand in his.

He walked us into his lab and he picked me up, then carried me to the small bed in his office. He placed me down gently and kissed my forehead. "I love you daddy." I mumbled with a small smile. He looked at me with a large smile. "I love you too sweetheart." He mumbles as he ruffles my hair gently.

He walked over to his desk then grabbed a small syringe and a bottle filled with a light blue liquid. He turned and walked back over to me, then sat beside me. I leaned my head against his shoulder as he carefully filled the syringe. I knew he was going to inject it into me but I wasn't scared—not yet.

He patted my head one last time before he carefully prepared my tiny arm for the needle. He cleaned a spot and found a vein. He carefully poked the syringe into my arm and I winced a bit at the sensation. It felt as if my arm was burning as the liquid filled my blood stream.

I closed my eyes tight and tried to relax as he finished off the last of the medicine. Once it was empty, he carefully removed the syringe and stepped back to put a band aid on the spot he had removed the needle from.

I felt different, I felt my entire body burn, but it wasn't a painful kind of burn. It was a very warm sensation. I looked at my father to see his reaction to his experiment to see him widen his eyes a fraction of what they should've been. He let out a gasp and I looked around to see what he was gasping at. I looked down to see the bed begin to bend and warp; My clothes also began to melt away. I shrieked, and began to panic.

'Why are my clothes melting?' I thought terrified.

My dad went to touch my forehead but he quickly retracted his hand as soon as it grazed my skin. He let out a painful scream and tears filled my eyes. "It's true. The medicine turned into a sort of poison. It's coating your skin, you'll melt whatever comes into contact with you." Father mumbled to himself. He turned away from me and went to work on something.

I stood in the same spot. The frame of the bed being the only thing left. My feet began to leave marks on the floor as I stood on it. Father has severe burn marks where his fingers came into contact with my skin as well. 

Before I knew it; A few hours had gone by, and my father came back with two sets of clothing. He handed me one and surprisingly it didn't melt. I widened my eyes and he simply nodded to get changed. I carefully put on the outfit. The socks he made for me were comfortable, and they didn't melt the floor as I stood on it.

We walked back into the living room and he told me to sit on the couch. I hesitated at first but he urged me to sit. I climbed onto the couch and looked at him. "Aya, your body is secreting a deadly poison strong enough to melt anything." My father told me seriously. It was hard to comprehend at first but I soon knew that I was no longer the same.

"Aya, you must never leave this house do you understand? You'll only harm those close to you." He said sadly, as if it was affecting him more than me. I didn't fully understand however, why couldn't I leave? He clenched his fists and looked at me. "Okay father, I won't leave." I mumbled sadly, agreeing to his terms was the only way to satisfy him.

I can't leave anymore, I'm a monster.