Chapter 4

"Melodies can express even the most complicated of emotions."

~~~

Once I landed on the ground, I didn't hesitate to dash into the bushes. I tumbled into the bush to see the kids huddled underneath it. Tessa looked up at me and nodded to me. I knew she wanted us to escape somehow.

The man stormed up to the window and attempted to open it but he became frustrated and punched the glass, causing it to shatter. Anger issues much?

I looked around quietly observing the area. A walkthrough was hidden in the trees and I grabbed Tessa's small hand. I urged them to follow and then they did. We quickly headed out of the woods and ended up on one of the main roads.

I don't know what to do considering I've never had to take care of some many children before, not to mention myself. All I have is my poison.

"Hey Aya, how'd you melt that lock?" Tessa asked skeptically. I looked at her in surprise, she noticed? What can I say?

"My dad made me a special poison to protect myself. I used it to melt the lock." I lied as I shifted slightly on my feet. "Oh okay, so that's what happened," Tessa replied with a small smile.

I grabbed Tessa's hand and motioned for the other three to do the same. Renee hesitantly grabbed my other hand while the two boys stood in front of me to 'protect us.' It was really sweet of them but I stayed guarded regardless.

We walked down the path stealthily and quietly as we moved out of the village. It must've been overrun with rebels so it was unsafe.

~~~

We walked for a while before we came to an abandoned mansion on the outskirts of the village. It was huge with black pillars in front of the house. It had a huge gate in front of the mansion while the grass was overgrown with weeds and flowers.

It looked sad and lonely like it was sitting for hundreds of years. I looked on in interest but pushed myself away because I had to protect the children. Tessa looked at me sullenly as we walked away like she wanted to go in.

I stopped and sighed before turning to her again. "Do you want to go in Tessa?" I asked her and she perked up immediately. "Yes!" She yelled in excitement and I chuckled at her excited form.

Renee and the other two were just as excited although Renee was slightly shaking. She must be more nervous than she lets on.

I walked up to the giant steel gates and pushed on the metal door. It only rattled a bit but never budged. The kids decided to try too and we all pushed. The door finally budged with all the pressure. I kicked the gate hard and it opened all the way, a brick walkway appeared in front of us.

A small water fountain was in the front of the mansion. We walked past the gate and I slammed the door shut. Once we were on the property, I walked up to the door and pushed hard. The door didn't budge; I was ready to give up on it ever opening.

We all pushed on the door together and it finally snapped open. We all fell into the house with a loud thud, laughing at the weird situation. I stood up then helped the kids before shutting the door behind us.

The inside of the house was covered in dust and spiders, but that didn't bother us. I looked around the house to see what we could use. There wasn't much to grab because most of the things in the house were broken or not usable.

I told the kids to stay close to me as we walked around looking for useful items. Tessa found an old back pack we could use to put things in, Renee found some silverware we could wash to eat with, and Noah and Ryan found a knife than a rope.

We didn't find any food, but I wasn't expecting to find any. After we managed to find things we could use; I made one of the rooms up to use for the night. I made the kids stay in the room then told them to lock the door when I wasn't there.

~~~

I heard a loud squeal from the gate, then it became deathly quiet. I told the kids to stay in the room and left to check it out. I had a metal pipe I found to use as a weapon. It wasn't that reliable but it was all I had.

I walked down the stairs and looked around. I heard the front door open and I tensed up. 'Who's here?' I thought to myself.

I peeked around the corner to see a young man who must've been a little older than me, walking around looking for something.

He had black hair that flipped over his eyes while one side of his head is shaved. He had piercings on his left ear with a couple on his lips. He also had bright blue eyes; He was wearing a black leather jacket with black skinny jeans with a pair of combat boots. He was very good looking.

He had a very serious look on his face while looking around. Another man walked in not long after words and I noticed he was also very good looking. He was wearing a blue muscle shirt with black skinny jeans. He had blonde hair that covered his right eye, with bright green eyes.

"Sir, we traced their footsteps to here but I don't see any evidence that they are still here." He said calmly, his hands shoved in his pockets. He looked too relaxed for someone looking to kill someone. 'Are these people the ones looking for us?' I thought to myself shuddering a little.

"I was here hours earlier, they were looking through things. They were definitely here." The man with black hair said in a deep bored tone. He was looking around observing everything. "I can smell the hint of vanilla perfume. She's definitely been here, recently too." The man said with a harsh tone.

He narrowed his eyes then furrowed his eyebrows in irritation. If I move and make any noise at all he'll find us!

Edited (8/4/2017)