Chapter 33

It's around midnight, I stayed by her bedside watching for any odd anomalies in her behavior. Her fever would spike once and awhile, but it wasn't too hard to fix if I used a special cloth to soak cold water in. Much like her unique clothing, I had lots of different pieces of cloth made of the same material. My clothes and towels as a good example.

I soaked the washcloth in cold water and carefully put it on her forehead. As if immediately noticing the relief, her lips curved up slightly in a small relieved smile. Her face was still red from the fever but I still can't do an evaluation. I don't want to wake her but I might have to if this continues like this.

She stirred again in her sleep and it was then that I'd had enough. I stood up from the chair I was sitting in beside the bed and grabbed her shoulder slightly before shaking her awake. "Hey! Wake up, princess I need to do an evaluation on you. Wake. UP!" I yelled, soon after, she jumped up quickly in surprise then looked around spooked.

"What...happened..?" She said slowly in disbelief. I let out a small sigh, 'Did she not ever get sick before?' "You passed out in the basement. Levi found you and decided to take care of you till I got back from patrol. Evan came in off and on too." I said sternly as I stared at her with disinterest. "So, I'm sick...?" She mumbles in disbelief.

I lifted a eyebrow at her surprise, "I'm sure you've been sick before. It's nothing more than a cold though so relax." I said as I stood from the chair to grab the bowl of soup Evan made for her. I walk beside her then handed her the bowl and spoon. She eyes it wearily, and looks at me from the corner of her eye. "Don't look at me just eat the damn soup!" I yell and walk away from her. "S-Sorry!" She says then starts to eat it.

I sit down roughly in the chair after flipping it around to straddle it. I look at her intently my arms crossed over the arms of the chair. She takes another bite of the soul with a large smile. 'She acts like she hasn't eaten in days.' I shook the thought out of my head as I watch her quietly. She's so weird, why does she smile at the dumbest of things?

"Hey." I say randomly without thinking about it. She looks up startled then looks over at me expectingly. "Yeah?" She states slowly, watching my every movement. She's odd alright, one minute she's as innocent as they come, then the next she's studying you. "Do you know how you came to get that poison? I need to know to evaluate your condition." I say sternly, eyeing her reaction.

She flinches and almost drops the bowl of soup in her state of shock. I reach out instinctively to catch the bowl and end up face to face with her. Her eyes widen like saucers and tries to scoot back away from me. Still surprised that I moved on instinct like that, I sat there confused; Frozen in my spot staring at her for a few moments.

~~~

W-What just happened? I'm sitting as still as a statue as I eye the captains every movement. His question caught me off guard, clumsily almost dropping the soup like an idiot too. He reached over with lightening quick reflexes, next thing I know he's mere inches from my face.

His bangs brushed against my face tickling me, his cold amber eyes locked on my blue ones. We both didn't move or say a word, just sat there staring for what seemed like forever. I was able to fully absorb how handsome he really was. My heart started racing, butterflies started fluttering in my stomach, creating an uncomfortable feeling to form in my throat. 'What is happening to me?' I must be incredibly sick after all!

His bright amber eyes only looked cold and stern as he stares at me. I've never seen such cold eyes, I couldn't help but get lost in their color though, I could feel his warmth even in the coldness of his gaze. Shivers went down my spine just gazing at him. He had such long eyelashes for a guy, he also had such chiseled features. He was literal perfection, no wonder all the girls wanted him.

He started to finally move away before placing the bowl back in my hands. "Make sure you finish this. I'll be back in a few minutes." He said before he stood from his spot on the bed, then heading for the door. I noticed he had his fist clenched up before he slammed the door shut on his way out.

I looked at the beef stew that sat on my lap, the warm fumes reaching my nostrils. 'Should I tell him? Am I really gonna risk it? But what if I really am sick, didn't father make that medicine to save me?' So many questions swirled around in my head, jumbled together.

I tried to shake the thoughts from my head as I continued to eat the delicious beef stew that's been given to me.

I had just finished the beef stew then decided to lay down in the bed, lost in thought. The captains been gone for about half an hour or so, and I've been pondering on whether I should tell him or not. If it's something serious he could potentially help me. I've never had this happen before, so maybe I should tell him...

I cover my face with the blanket as I think about what happened a bit ago. Why is that image still popping into my head? My heart began to race again, butterflies erupting in my stomach. I really am sick! I turned over to shove my face in the pillow, face red from my fever.

I hear footsteps outside the door! I flinched and for some odd reason, I was kinda nervous. The door freaked open, footsteps walking towards the bed. I shoved my face in the pillow and decided to pretend to be asleep. "Princess? Are you ready to answer my question?" The captain said coldly, standing beside my bed. I don't move, hoping he would just go away. "Princess, pretending is not your fortè." He let out a sigh and pulled the blanket off of me, causing me to jump up in surprise. "See, you're a horrible faker. Now, answer me."