Chapter 11

"All the stars in the world can't out shine your bright smile."

~~~

I watch Levi's every move as he swung his sword at me. I hadn't once swung my sword as I circle and dodge all his attacks. He was getting frustrated as he struggles to hit me. Levi has never been able to keep up enough to attack me and successfully defeat me in battle.

I was one of the best on the ship and I wasn't going to let him start problems again like he always did. I continue to watch his every move then in a second I notice his glare at the woman and took my chance to knock him out. I swung my hilt hard into the back of his head and he dropped silently. 

". . ."

I didn't say anything as I sigh and sheathed my sword. I look behind me to examine the woman closely. 'What happened that he had gotten so pissed?' I just shrug it off because it wasn't any of my business nor was it my problem.

I walk towards her and grab her arm roughly. 'Why is she covered in cloth head to toe? It's like one hundred degrees out here.' I thought in confusion as I look at her weird clothing.

I noticed the material was different as well when I first saw her but looking at it now, it is really strange.

She tries to pull away but I just tug her closer towards me. She stiffens visibly as if she's uncomfortable being close to me. It's understandable; I mean, I did throw her over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes before.

"Why are your clothes made out of weird material?" I asked suddenly, surprising myself that I let it slip. She froze then looks at me with wide eyes as if no one's noticed it before. 'What is she hiding?'

~~~

I let out an irritated breath as I finish up the last of the reports for the recent mission we'd completed. I sat back in my chair and push my hair out of my face, fully exposing my black eye patch to the world. I was currently in my office finishing up when I heard shuffling outside my door.

'Oh geez, not the girl again. .' I thought sourly, before letting out a sigh. I wait for her to knock softly like she did before but instead the door flew open with no knock and Evan stood there with a strange look.

'What the hell?'

"What the hell Evan? Ever heard of knocking? It's rude to barge into people's rooms Ya know." I grumble in irritation at the sudden interruption.

"Captain this girl is hiding something. I mentioned her clothes and she turned into a psycho." He said seriously. "She started rambling on and on trying to change the subject." He states soon after, tugging her into view. I look at her intently and she looks away not making any eye contact.

"What are you hiding woman?" I asked with a harsh glare before standing up and grabbing my sword from against the desk I was just sitting at. "My name isn't 'woman', it's Aya!" She yells furiously. Oh, she's mad, that's just great. Now things are going to get annoying. I pinch the bridge of my nose and walk towards her eagerly.

I guess I'll have to prove my point.

~~~

I stagger back as he walks towards me as I attempt to look elsewhere. Why did Evan have to notice my clothes now of all times? I back up as he walks closer and I flinch when he grabs my arm roughly.

He pulled me close to him and proceeds to look at my clothing.

'Please don't touch me, please don't touch me. .' I plead in my head. I don't want anyone to get hurt again because of me. . .

He may have been wearing black gloves over his hands but if he touches my skin even a little he'll melt. I don't want to be treated as a monster by these people. One, because they are scary as hell, and two because I don't want to be hated.

He looked me over slowly and grabbed my sleeve on the dress before rubbing his finger over the material.

"This is Agorian silk. This shit is literally impossible to find. Why the hell do you have it?" He says harshly before squeezing my arm tightly.

"That's none of your concern. What I wear is my business." I say bluntly while still struggling to be free. While I was struggling, the door to the captain's room flung open again and Tessa with the other three barge in.

While I wasn't paying any attention to what the captain was doing; I failed to notice his hand moving towards my face.

I turn to look around because from the corner of my eye; a hand was moving towards me.

His hand was mere centimeters from my cheek and I jump back as fast as I could, fear filling my stomach. My eyes widen as I watch the captains' widen very little in surprise to my reaction. I back away very slowly keeping my eyes on him. He narrows his eyes and his brows furrow in mixed emotion.

He's probably even more suspicious now. Great job Aya!

He steps close to me quickly, so fast I couldn't respond fast enough. He grips my shoulder tightly and pulls me really close to his chest; so close we were practically touching.

"Evan stand behind her that way if she tries to run, she can't escape." He says with a glare aiming at me, tightening his grip.

I whimper and struggle to the best of my ability.

"No! Don't touch me! Please don't touch me. . ." I say tears filling my eyes slowly. He ignores my cries and I could feel the tension in the air as everyone watched me suffer.

He looks at me sternly before whispering in my ear. "Why so afraid of being touched? It's not like it's going to kill you." He chuckles darkly before turning serious. "Or will it?" He says with a twisted grin.

I shake my head and look away. "It's not me that's going to get hurt. It'll be you. . ." I mumble the last part before my tears finally let loose.

Edited (8/4/2017)