Chapter 9

"If something seems too good to be real, it probably isn't."

~~~

I awoke with a pounding headache, clenching my head I slowly sat up to observe my surroundings. I was on a large bed with a thin white blanket sprawled across my waist. There was a long mirror on the opposite side of the room, just now making me notice the dark bags under my eyes. I looked like a mess, not the good kind either.

There was a dresser beside the mirror with a small vase of roses sitting casually in the corner of the dresser. The sun shined into my eyes making me notice the large window beside the bed. I stood up carefully to look out the window. My feet on the wooden floors made the floor creak and I stood frozen in fear. What if someone heard that?

I quickly looked outside to notice I was surrounded by water; I'm on a boat! Is this. . ? Am I on Captain Aaron's ship?! I remember being thrown over Evan's shoulder before Levi knocked me out; so they really did kidnap me.

I looked around for any of our belongings but didn't see any. I walked to the door and put my ear against it listen for anyone. I heard footsteps walking this way and I panicked. I ran to the bed and hid under the blanket pretending to be asleep. I heard the door open, hiding my panic state; I remained as still as possible.

My throat was extremely dry which made it hard to be quiet and not cough. I squeezed my eyes shut and hoped the person would leave soon. I heard the sound of glass hit the side table beside the bed, I didn't notice it till now. I heard the jingle of something against the glass; is it a glass of water? I tried to not move, tempted by what was there.

I heard boots squeak against the floor before they stopped before the door. I heard a loud sigh before the person left. 'Who was that?' I wondered as I carefully peeked my head from out underneath the blanket. I looked over at the table and I was right. It was a glass of water with ice cubes in it. I sat up quickly and grabbed the glass to drink it.

Once my throat was satisfied, I decided to look around. It's not like I'm locked up here, right? I went back over to the door as quietly as possible before breathing in a long breath. Turning the knob, I pushed it open to peek out the door.

I noticed a long hallway which must've been below deck. I stepped out of the room fully and slowly shut the door. I didn't know which way to go to look for the kids and gambled on the right. I walked slowly down the hallway noticing small things like the random side table in the hall with a vase of flowers on top. There were a few random paintings hung on the wall as I walked past. Once I got to the end of the hall; I noticed there was only one door. It looked different from the others.

I walked up to the door and decided to knock. I waited patiently for an answer and soon the door shot open quickly revealing a half naked captain.

'. . .'

I looked at him openly before noticing the glare painted on his face. He had a white buttoned up shirt on which wasn't buttoned. He wore his pants with combat boots. He must've been in the middle of getting changed.

"What the hell do you thinking you're doing?" He said in an irritated voice, crossing his arms staring at me to hear my next answer.

"I was looking for the bathroom. . ." I lied trying to avoid looking at him. He was the most attractive man I've ever seen. He had his hair all over the place from sleeping and his abs were on display. It made it hard to look away when he moved as they rippled in motion. 'Ugh, this is a sin!' I thought cruelly as I backed away slowly.

"Oh really? You were looking for the bathroom?" He said with his glare still plastered on his face, raising an unimpressed eyebrow.

'He's not buying my bullshit!'

"You sure you didn't just come to see the kids, or is it that you're too nervous to look at me?" He said with an arrogant tone in his voice. My face blushed a bright crimson red and I shook it away viciously. "There's no way I'd come looking for you! You kidnapped me!" I yelled embarrassed as I ran the opposite way.

I knew I looked like an apple and kept my head down as I headed back to my room. I sat down on my bed pondering on what I was going to do.

~~~

I decided to leave again after thinking over my plan. I was going to go down the opposite hall and knock on the third door. Why the third you may ask? Because that's always been my lucky number.

I opened the door to my room and walked out again. I looked both ways and it was clear. I walked towards my targeted door then proceeded to knock.

I waited a couple seconds like I did before I heard the sound of the door being opened.

The door opened fully and Captain Aaron stepped out of the room. He looks at me and narrows his eyes as he stares at me.

"What the hell are you doing now? Can't get enough of me?" He says with a quiet scoff before pushing me harshly out of the way then walking down the hall.

"I couldn't care less about you, you ass!" I yelled before turning to see Tessa laughing at my surprised face. I didn't even notice her there. 'Why was he in the room with them?' I thought sourly before watching his back recede towards the top deck.

~~~

Some fan service for the girls ;)

I hope you guys are enjoying it so far!

-Sabrina A.