Chapter 8

"Even the weakest of people are strong, some just have to push themselves to see it."

~~~

I looked between the two men in fear. What are they going to do to me? I watched them intently as they talked back and forth. I noticed an opening in between them as they were talking. I could sprint and maybe get away!

I watched their movements and they weren't paying attention to me, So I took my chance and sprinted past them. I caught them off guard and ran down the street avoiding people.

I looked behind me and they were catching up, Evan wore a scary glare. He didn't expect me to run. I sped up and attempted to escape; I rounded the corner and crashed into something hard. 'What is with all these walls?!' I thought sourly, looking up I noticed a very handsome man, although, very intimidating. He kinda looks familiar for some reason. . . Just as I was thinking this, I remember I was running but before I could do anything Evan grabbed my waist.

I tried struggling but I couldn't get free, growling in irritation I weighed my options. I could burn his arm and use the chance to run, I could bite his arm and run or—

"You really need to stop thinking of an escape, we warned you once already sweetheart. You can't escape." Levi said with a knowing smirk before patting my head like a small child.

Evan tightened his grip when I attempted to wriggle free and my arm began to hurt. I flinched in pain at the bruising that would definitely appear on my arm later.

"What's the meaning of this?" A deep irritated voice said with a hint of malice. "Captain this girl has the immune children." Levi spoke up as my eyes widened in fear. 'This is captain Aaron?!' I wondered as I looked up to properly examine him.

He had dark black hair that went down past his ears; he wore a black eye patch over his right eye. His left eye was a bright ember color. It was an unnatural color that should've scared me but for some odd reason; I couldn't look away. He had a dark jacket over his shoulders, with a white shirt underneath. He had black pants with black combat boots.

He had a sword attached to his hip, with his arms crossed he was the definition of 'dangerous.'
So this was captain Aaron?

"I see, well grab her and find where the children are. We will take them with us to repel the rebels from the island." Aaron said with a bored look, snapping his fingers; I was then thrown over Evan's shoulders carelessly.

"Hey put me down!" I yelled in surprise, hitting his back as hard as I could. "No can do sweetheart, be quiet or we will have to put you to sleep." Levi said with a crooked grin, it held more malice than a joke.

"No put me dow—," Next thing I know, I'm seeing black dots before sleep welcomes me.

~~~

Captain didn't seem all that interested in the girl, but once we mentioned that information on the children; he seemed lost in thought. I was currently carrying the annoying girl on my shoulders ignoring the looks from the people in the village. It wasn't anything they haven't seen before. Kid napping people for information was a thing we did constantly. We'd probably end up killing her later anyways, if she doesn't prove to be useful.

I walked quietly behind the captain as I always did, and waited for my next orders. He would stop and ask people about where the girl was staying and we finally got the information we needed. She was staying at the Inn down by the market.

The captain being how he always is, decided to break into the inn to steal the children. We walked towards the inn and asked for her room number. The innkeeper refused to give us the information at first but captain removed his sword from its sheath and pointed it at her with a harsh glare.

"Where is her room?" He said in a deep voice, the girl visually shuttered before quickly answering. "R—Room fourteen" She answered before we quickly went up to the room.

Captain kicked open the door and we noticed four children jump up to look at us in fear. One of the girls had the nerve to glare at us, standing in front to protect the others.

"What do you want with us?" She yelled angrily looking warily at the girl on my shoulder. "Your coming with us, enough questions." Captain said before snapping his fingers. I rushed over and picked up two of them on my other shoulder. The one was a girl with short red hair and the other was a boy. Levi went and grabbed the kicking and screaming girl before snatching up the other boy.

"Let me go!" She screamed before captain hit her hard enough to knock her out before moving on to the others. "If you aren't quiet that will be you next."

He walked towards the door before turning towards me.

"We head back to the ship, make sure the innkeeper keeps her mouth shut." I nod in respect before heading down the stairs.

I walk in front of her and she stiffened up before I could say anything. "Say a word of this and we will kill you, Do you understand?" She shook her head vigorously as I glare at her. I grabbed her wrist and snapped it; She let out a bloodcurdling scream. "Let this be a warning to you."

The girl on my right shoulder started shaking and I knew I had scared her. I ignored her whimpers and went to catch up with the captain.

I walked for fifteen minutes and ended up at the dock, standing in it's full beauty, was our ship 'Queen Latifah.' The name says it all; Levi named it. Captain didn't want to argue with his stupidity so we went with it.

~~~

Captain Aaron -- age: 26

Edited (8/4/2017)

Edited (8/4/2017)