Chapter 12

"All that's great isn't always good; what's always bad isn't necessarily bad."

~~~

"What the hell did you just say?" He says darkly piercing my existence with his sharp gaze.

I look away nervously as I look back and forth between the people staring at me with strange expressions.

I refuse to say anything to give myself away but staying silent seems to make things worse. "I said, what the fuck did you just say?" He says again closing in on me like a lion stalking his prey, ready to pounce.

I gulp silently as I take a slow dreadful step back but I forget that Evan is there and he grabs me by my elbow holding me there. "Where the hell do you think you're going!" Captain yells as he grabs my arm roughly before slapping me in the face with his palm.

He slapped me so fast that it caught me completely off guard as I stumbled to the ground. Although the impact of the fall sent a jolt of pain searing through my back; I couldn't feel it at all. I was too shocked to register what had happened. I looked up to see his hand was in pristine condition, no trace of any burns of any sort. I was expecting screams of pain and him cursing but nothing came from him. He simply glared at me as I lay still not processing what happened.

That must be some stroke of luck; He did slap me too quick, maybe it didn't stick long enough or something when he hit me.

He narrowed his eyes at me in disgust before grabbing my dress around his fist and pulling me up by the dress. I was barely hanging in the air but I couldn't touch the ground either.

"Who do you think you are? Some fancy princess that can have whatever she wants? It doesn't work that way!" He says as he grabs my chin roughly in his hand. 'Why isn't he melting?!' I thought in shock trying to process this new information; he should be melting, screaming in agony. How is that even possible?

~~~

I was beyond pissed, more pissed than I've ever been since I lost my home to those bastards. I was raging, furious with this bitch. Agorian silk can only be found on the island in which I was raised, only being used for armor or to protect against the strongest of poisons.

Agorian silk was made to protect our people from the poisonous plants found on the island. We extract the poison from the plants before we dilute it enough to make special clothing.

She has no need for so much of it! My clothing is also made from the Agorian for my own various reasons, my gloves, boots and my outfit are all Agorian silk too.

My reasons vary from hers as there is no reason for her to wear it. How did she obtain it? The only ones that even know about Agorian silk are the main islanders.

I gripped her chin in my hand roughly, forcing her to look at me. She continues to look away as if to avoid my gaze. She looks even more nervous if that was even possible.

"Look at me," I said in a harsh tone squeezing her chin harder, making her wince a bit in pain. I narrow my eyes at her fully examining her face but I can't read her at all. The only thing I notice is her nervousness.

She slowly looks at me with tears brimming in the corners of her eyes. What the hell is she hiding? Acting like an innocent little princess doesn't work on me.

~~~

I stared silently at the exchange between the girl and Captain, feeling out of place. What is this girl trying to accomplish by lying? We are not normal people in the eyes of others. Captain has the ability to read people very well, as well as his sword play. He's the best on the ship and of all pirates. He's also ridiculously strong, breaking and lifting things you'd never expect him to.

I'm the fastest on the ship and can use daggers. I'm also the second best with a sword on the ship whereas Levi is third best with a sword. Levi has always been good at gambling and getting into places he shouldn't.

We have always been a team on this ship, ever since Captain saved me and Levi from that deadly attack from the rebels. We were lucky to survive, if it wasn't for him we'd be dead. I owe him everything and then some.

~~~

I was still shocked that the captain was still holding my chin in his hand tightly, watching my every move. I gulped down my fear and decided it's best to confess a little bit of my information, maybe twist it a bit. I can't tell them the truth otherwise I'll be hunted or possibly killed because of it.

I began shaking involuntarily as I tried to force the words out. "My. . .My father made me these clothes. I don't know where he got them, or how he made them." I choked out trying to escape from his iron grip.

"Your father?" He says looking down, thinking over my answer doubtfully. "What's your father's name?" He asks all of a sudden, releasing his hold slightly. "Edgar Lorèn," I mumbled quietly looking away, scared of his reaction.

He completely releases me at this and looks confused at me for a moment. "Your father is Edgar? He's a really well-known doctor and you're. .Well, you get the idea." He says with an arrogant look on his face. He crosses his arms over his chest and fully examines me.

"You're too plain, grow a pair of boobs would ya? What, did he throw you out of the house? Spoiled princess. . ." He growls out as he lets out an irritated sigh.

Wow, rude much. I thought silently glaring at him. How could women clearly throw themselves at, THIS? The only thing going for him is his looks, there's more to people than looks and he's failing the attractiveness part of my test.

He's far from what people would call a 'gentleman.' I turned away from him, done with this utter madness in an attempt to escape.

"Hold it, woman." He says strictly walking towards me, arms still crossed arrogantly. "Your name?" He asks out of nowhere, confusing me in his sudden interest. "Aya. . .Aya Lorèn." I squeaked out before grabbing Tessa's hand and running out with the kids.

Edited (8/4/2017)