Chapter 18

"Even if things are bad, always look to the bright side. There's always a storm before a rainbow."

§

I looked away from his scrutinizing stare as he crossed him arms over his chest arrogantly, looking me over for an answer.

"I just..forgot them this morning. Its not a big deal." I said slowly, unsure myself, if this was still 'No big deal.'

"Oh really? Why are your hands balled up? Is there something you're mad about?" He asked curiously as he watched for my reaction.

"That's personal captain. I won't tell you." I said softly looking away coldly, still trying to pull away but Evan held strong.

"Okay, no big deal. Why don't you have a drink of water? Its fresh and cold, great for when you first wake up." He says with a crooked smile, handing over a glass of cold water. I gulp softly looking at the glass but I know I can't touch it.

"N-No thanks. I'm fine really." I say unsurely, looking anywhere but the glass in front of me. I push my hair away from my face as my bangs had fallen into my eyes. I looked over at captain briefly and he narrows his eyes suddenly. Confused, I watch him closely and he finally speaks up.

"Why is your right eye a faded blue color? Its different from your other eye, it's like a very light color compared to the other one." He says suspiciously, circling me, watching my every movement. I felt like a mouse that was being toyed with by a cat or even worse, a falcon.

"W-What do you mean? You must be seeing things! Yep, your probably drunk!" I said hurriedly as I finally managed to free my arm without touching anything. I gave him a forced smile and receded backwards away from him slowly. "I'm not really hungry so I'm going to go. Thanks for showing me the dining hall though Evan!" I half yelled as I sprinted away.

"Hold on a fucking second--" The captain bellowed but I didn't listen, I kept running.

I heard the heavy footsteps of someone behind me and noticed the captain tailing me with a furious expression. 'Why is he--' He sprinted after me at lightning speed and It was hard staying ahead. "You can't run from me forever!" He yelled as he picked up his pace, nearly reaching me. He was much more athletic than me so he didn't even break a sweat. I rounded the corner to our room and slammed the door shut before very quickly, yet clumsily, locking the door.

I was wheezing and puffing from exhaustion as I hadn't ran like that in a long time. I was trying to catch my breath when the door started shaking repeatedly from the impact of the captains pounding on the door.

"If you don't unlock the door right now, I'll break it down!" He yells curiously as he continues his assault on the door. If only there was another door in here somewhere! I look around quickly in a panic and just now am I noticing the large closet in here. I quickly slip inside as quietly as possible. I hide in the very back behind a large wooden dresser which was adorned in beautiful carvings.

I put my hands over my mouth to control my ragged breathing and I froze when I heard the door fly off the hinges. I could hear his boots against the wooden flooring as he walked around slowly looking for me.

"You can't hide from me princess. Your not very good at hiding." He yells and I flinch when I notice he's in the closet. I'm still currently crouched behind the dresser trying to avoid the captain as he looks around for me. I haven't answered his insults and attempts to make me come out of hiding.

He walks up to a bar hung with shirts and rips them apart to look for me. He scoffs and looks around him more before looking directly at the dresser. I hear him let out a sigh before hitting the top of the dresser, causing me to flinch and bump into it. I let out a silent scream before hitting my head against the wood and getting a horrible headache.

I look up and grip my forehead gently rubbing the spot I hit against the dresser. I'm sure there's going to be a bruise there soon. I hear the captain laugh loudly, scaring the shit out of me. He's holding his stomach with a red face. He's laughing at me...

"How did you manage that?" He says between breaths as he tries to calm his laughter. He lets out a breathe and looks at me closely. "Your an idiot." He says seriously before reaching towards me and grabbing my arm roughly,  pulling me towards him. The momentum in which he pulled my arm made me fly forward and trip into his chest, without even realizing it; I had laid my hands flat on his chest with my face planted into it. My face started to burn intensely at our close proximity and I tried to hide my face.

I tried to push him away but at that moment he grabbed my hand which wasn't covered in my gloves, and I reflexively tried to remove it. He wasn't wearing his gloves either which was a surprise and I know for a fact I'll  burn him. He wraps his large hand around my small feminine one, gently pulling it towards his face. I can feel his skin burn and bubble under my touch and my eyes widen slightly with tears in them.

I tried to pull it away hastily but he tightens his grip, not enough to hurt me but so I can't move it. He looks into my eyes and I can't hear what he's saying at first.

"Why did you hide the fact you melted things with your touch; then also not answering me about your eye?" He says as he continues to squeeze my hand gently. 'What is he trying to accomplish by knowing this?'

"My body is my problem..and as for my eye, its a different color." I mumble out, surprising myself for speaking so easily. For some odd reason, I didn't have any trouble speaking with him. Strange..